1996Gti carbs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The aftermarket carburetor kits that reference the 96 GTI the 96 GSX and many others that they were compatible with those are the ones I bought the skis never ran really good I finally after lots of research and reading lots of threads found that Mikuni offers a separate carburetor kit for the 717 and after purchasing that for a hundred fifty bucks I'm pleased to say the ski runs like brand new so do not buy aftermarket carburetor kits for a 96 GTI spend the money and by the factory Mikuni rebuild kits I am actually going to purchase another one for the 96 GSX

The 717's, 787, 650 and most 580's all use the same carb kit. As you said only use OEM kits. The only ones that use different kits are the early 580's and the 951.

I bought the aftermarket kit for both the 787 and the 717 not oem .on the Mikuni sight the 96 GTI and the 96 gsx have different kits at least that's what I found .but yes use oem I think the post on the diaphragm is a hair taller on the aftermarket kits

Nope. The 787 and 717 both use the Mikuni MK-BN38/44 SPR kits.
49.jpg
50.jpg

I think the reason my kit was different was because the needle seats 1.5 and 1.2 and the base gaskets 40 versus 38

Where did you order yours?
The genuine kits like I posted the pictures of don't come with needle and seats or base gaskets.

Baycity Ms they have genuine Mikuni kit but they add the needle seats and base gaskets in their kits but they are Mikuni rebuild kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back