1996 SeaDoo XP Taking on Water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodmaker

My 1996 SeaDoo XP is taking on water. The clamp around the boot for the drive shaft was loose and was replaced. The VTS was leaking through the boot that is around the control shaft and it is still taking on water. We emptied the water out and let the jetski just sit in the water and it did not appear to be taking on water. It appears to only be taking on water when the craft is under power and moving. I can not see any water entering in. Can anyone give me some ideas on where to look or how I might find where this water is leaking in.

TIA

Typically the driveshaft but if the water is hot it can be the welded plugs on the pipe. It’s usually the bottom one under the pipe.

I would start in in the water on the trailer and with the seat off see where the water is coming from.

If it has the original rivots in the foot well pads they leak bad. Drill them out and fill with jb weld

Check the bailers. Specifically the 2 straws in the nozzles if they are missing it will pump water back through the bailer system

When I am chasing a leak...I pick a calm non busy day...monday,,,nobody at the launch,,,have the seat off,,,, back the ski into the water off the trailor,,,have a very bright flashlight,,,am in the water,,,at the front of the launch,,,if the sun is out,,rotate the ski for the sun to brighten the interior,,,pto cover off of course...and fond the leak..works everytime,,,except once..the customers ski was sabotaged,,,they loosened his drain plugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back