1995 spx carb settings

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmase

recently picked up a 95 spx locally that had sat for several years. Compression checked out, replaced battery, replaced gray fuel lines, and rebuilt the dual carb with genuine mikuni parts. ski starts pretty easily now and runs mostly well (besides a bad wear ring, waiting for new one to show up). I have the carb set at 1 1/8 low and 0 high. Ski idles fine, runs well at plane, but seems to have an issue at low speeds. It seems that I don't have a troll speed, its either idle or more acceleration than I want.....

Also, when its hot outside and the ski is sitting, the fuel tank gets pressure and fuel leaks from the vent holes. I have checked everything I can think of, but nothing works. All I can do is loosen the cap and let all the pressure out of the tank and leave it loose, otherwise it builds again and begins forcing fuel out of the top vent under the hood. any ideas? thanks guys

Last edited:
You might not have the vent hose connected to the correct tank fitting. Unless the fuel tank is filled all the way to the filler neck it will not leak fuel out of the vent.

Idle should be set to 1,500 rpm in the water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back