1995 seadoo sportster questions.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

racksnspurs

Looking to buy a 1995 sportster for a great price. The boat is a project boat but with a little TLC she could be a good looking toy. The sparkplugs are fowling with to much fuel. Before actually buying it the seller has agreed to have a mechanic take a look at engine,carb,and jet drive to fix or rebuilt if need be. Suggestion? I'm going to have the seats recovered any suggestions? Can I buy new ones somewhere? Ide like to bring out the fade in the boat and steering console. Any suggestions on a good compound and wax to use? Anyone know top speed of the 650 cc rotax (72hp) '95 sportster? And if you have any other suggestions they would be appreciated. Thanks.

do ur own compression/be present at mech. shop, just might be boat owners buddy. Seats can/could be redone at any upholstery shop. Had mine done w/ new foam for 600 buks otd. Wax wise, been believer in "Gel-Gloss", sold at home-depot..etc, works killer, but sketch around the forum, you'll find plenty of ideas/waxes...Boat should be 40-45ish mph.
Last/not least, even mechanic gives a-ok, still take it for a gander at lake/ocean, rip around, idle, punch it..etc, check engine bay for "substantial" water..etc. :cheers:

Fouling

Are you sure its gas fouling the spark plugs, and not oil (due to worn rings) ?

I have a 95 Speedster and use Armour-All on the plastic, it does an amazing job at bringing out the color, and after 14 years no damage. However it doesnt last long.

Thanks ... you know i was thinking the same thing bout the mechanic being a buddy,lol. i just might head down there. i talked to him on the phone yesterday about carbs and intake plate for jet. he said that he was going to take it off and replace sealent. if im not mistaken does it not have a neoprene gasket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back