RESTO 1994 xp rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJsavage

Hello All. I’m starting a rebuild on a 1994 xp that was given to me. I have been working on motorcycles for over 30 years but this is my jet ski. I will be posting up pictures and progress reports as I go. I’m sure I will have lots of questions as I go. FEC9120C-2656-4185-8C02-12FD05EDE99A.jpeg

I made some progress getting it Stripped down and cleaned up.

Attachments

• ED77F8B6-4FA5-4F9D-BD63-11CDC32BE0CF.jpeg
    ED77F8B6-4FA5-4F9D-BD63-11CDC32BE0CF.jpeg
    389.6 KB · Views: 20
Lookin Good. Grab those motor mounts by hand and give them a pull or three. See if the rubber is separating from the metal or becoming detached. They are sneaky.

It would be beneficial to list the Parts Cost Totals as you progress.

Too many Newcomers are unaware of how expensive Jetski Parts can be...

I’m not sure I want to know what the total cost is going to be! But I’ll keep a running total and post it up once it’s completed. I’m going to start tearing down the engine this weekend. My plan is to send the crank to Crank Works and the cylinders to L.A. Sleeves. They are on the higher end as far as cost but both do really good work.

I made a bit more progress on cleaning today.

Attachments

• 07924CEF-FD88-42F6-887A-033E0BB809D7.jpeg
    07924CEF-FD88-42F6-887A-033E0BB809D7.jpeg
    629.7 KB · Views: 11
Right on. My everyday machine is a 94 XP. It was a basket case when I had it given to me. New pistons, crank, cylinder bore and hone, pump rebuild, carb rebuilds. It is ugly as anything, but it runs great. It's sort of turned into my "trick" machine now that I upgraded to a 98 XP. I have done some tweaks on the 94, more nozzle trim range, reworked the gas pickup in the tank, blocked all the regular air intakes and draw all air in through the dash, I'm running it with just the seat base (no foam) to save weight and make it easier to move around on.

I had Crankworks rebuild the crank last year, the oil pump cable failed. The turn around was a couple of weeks, nothing terrible, but the communication and finished product was great.

I had to get my RV cover machined, brought the pop off pressure from 18 up to 28ish and changed the impeller to a lower finish pitch. With the fresh motor and carbs it was very sluggish in the low end. Reworking those three elements woke the machine up on the low end.

If I can help shoot me a message. Everyone on here brings a lot of practical knowledge, I have learned tons over the years from these guys.

BTW - Sitting at $1500 when I stopped counting........ 3 years ago........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back