1994 Sea Doo SPI - Thoughts?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

God of Thunder

Hi everyone! First post! I have never owned nor rode a Jet Ski. However - I came across one and I am interested in it. However I can't find too much information on it - and before I purchase it, I'd like to make sure it's a solid model. It's a 1994 Sea Doo SPI. The machine looks like it's in amazing shape. However, when I google "Sea Doo SPI" - I don't find much information about this particular model.

Is it a desirable model? Is it a good first Ski? Any tips or info on this particular model? Thanks for any information!!

Good reliable ski if it has been taken care of. I wouldn't call it a desirable model though. Probably worth $1500 with a trailer in good running condition. It is almost 30 years old so keep that in mind and be prepared to fix things as they break.

Good reliable ski if it has been taken care of. I wouldn't call it a desirable model though. Probably worth $1500 with a trailer in good running condition. It is almost 30 years old so keep that in mind and be prepared to fix things as they break.

Thanks for the information! It's $700 with a trailer - they said it ran great last year but haven't started it this year. (I'm in Missouri).

Would I be better off waiting for an XP or GTX?

I would go for a 96 XP, 97-99 SPX, 96 GTX (787 motor), 97+ GTX (951 motor), or a 98 + XP Limited. GSX Limited and RX were popular skis of the time as well.

Thanks for the information! It's $700 with a trailer - they said it ran great last year but haven't started it this year. (I'm in Missouri).

Would I be better off waiting for an XP or GTX?
Do not buy a ski that you can't see running. If you do don't pay more than $250 for a nun-running 1994' SPI.

Do not buy a ski that you can't see running. If you do don't pay more than $250 for a nun-running 1994' SPI.

The 1996 GTX runs but it's double at $1400 (with trailer and titles). Since I've never ever rode, worked on, heck probably even touched a Jet Ski - I was trying to go cheaper on the budget. But given that I do know 'nothing' - perhaps spending a little more on one that runs is a smarter move?

The 1996 GTX runs but it's double at $1400 (with trailer and titles). Since I've never ever rode, worked on, heck probably even touched a Jet Ski - I was trying to go cheaper on the budget. But given that I do know 'nothing' - perhaps spending a little more on one that runs is a smarter move?

Depending on brand and condition, the double trailer may be worth $1K+ so that could be a great deal. Like mikidymac said, make sure you water test any ski before buying.

Depending on brand and condition, the double trailer may be worth $1K+ so that could be a great deal. Like mikidymac said, make sure you water test any ski before buying.

Sorry - its a single trailer but double the price ($700 for the SPI and $1400 for the GTX) - I think I can get the GTX cheaper tho.

The fact that it is running and will be a much more fun ski to own and ride, especially if you will ride at all with 2 people, I would 100% go for the GTX

3-seater skis are MUCH easier to sell than 2-seaters in my area at least. 3- seaters are also much more friendly and stable when getting on/off and at slow speeds. To me 2-seaters are for people that know what they want and they are fairly agile. I find that with a 2-seater you have to do things deliberately... you can't be lazy on the controls. 2-seaters are a blast though. :D :D

Note also that you don't have a reverse or neutral with the 2-seater. I have a 2-seater RX that has reverse and it is a hella fun ski to ride but that one is gonna be high $$. Good Luck !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back