1992 seadoo gts 580 rev limiter problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhperkes3673

I have a 1992 seadoo gts 580. It hits the rev limiter around 20 mph or so. I've replaced the MPEM and the rectifier but it still hits the rev limiter. I've unplugged the red and black wire and it doesn't hit the rev limiter after that but then I don't have a kill switch. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm also new to PWC and seadoo forums. Thanks, Jhperkes3673

When you say it hits the rev limiter does it feel like it's pulling high rpms? If so check your wear ring.

look at your jetpump.
If you have excessive space between the impeller and the ring your going to need a new one.
I bet the ring is shot.

I will check the wear ring hopefully on Sunday. Thanks for all the input. I looked up some on the wear ring and the ski did have a good amount of vibration before it started to do this so ill physically inspect it before I rule it out.

Doesn't matter, personal preference. I always go with the OEM ones

Last edited:
I would stay away from the metal ones. Metal impeller and metal wear rings both get trashed when something goes through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back