180 Challenger 215SE Cutting out at high rpms????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

john.g.gillett

After much investigation by Seadoo Dealer I am still experiencing cut outs above 5500-6000k rpms and wondering if anyone has had the same issue?

Engine sounds and goes great, was rebuilt last year, oil regulator valve failure, and has only done 5 hours since then, boat has done 58 hours in total. Acceleration is fantastic with engine revving right up to 8100 but when I plane out, after about 5-10 secs the engine momentarily cuts out then starts up again and will continue to do this until it stops. However, if I pull back the throttle to below 5500-6000k it will sort itself out and will cruise there happily. Have changed all the sensors, coils, the fuel pump and regulator, both fuel filters, cleaned out the fuel tank and pressure tested the intercooler but can't seem to get rid of the issue. About to replace the ECU as the only thing not replaced?? Anybody experienced this and can suggest a fix please?

Many thanks.

After much investigation by Seadoo Dealer I am still experiencing cut outs above 5500-6000k rpms and wondering if anyone has had the same issue?

Engine sounds and goes great, was rebuilt last year, oil regulator valve failure, and has only done 5 hours since then, boat has done 58 hours in total. Acceleration is fantastic with engine revving right up to 8100 but when I plane out, after about 5-10 secs the engine momentarily cuts out then starts up again and will continue to do this until it stops. However, if I pull back the throttle to below 5500-6000k it will sort itself out and will cruise there happily. Have changed all the sensors, coils, the fuel pump and regulator, both fuel filters, cleaned out the fuel tank and pressure tested the intercooler but can't seem to get rid of the issue. About to replace the ECU as the only thing not replaced?? Anybody experienced this and can suggest a fix please?

Many thanks.
Did you find the culprit?

Finally found what was causing the problem with my boat above. Loose EMS 5 amp fuse in the fuse block! Seems like the holder has lost its grip over the years and as a result the fuse had worked its way to until it was stopped by the cover. All fine when going slow but at higher speeds the EMS must have been losing its power, causing confusion and shut down. After all that time and money with the dealer last year you would have thought they would have checked the fuse for the EMS. Makes you wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back