155 Oil Change

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZRX Guy

Are there any home made ways to suck the oil out of the Speedster engine short of buying that $50+ oil sucker at Amazon? And, should you tilt the boat a certain to make sure you get it all? I have an oil change kit that was given to me at the time of sale. I look at that dip stick and roll my eyes on thinking how long it will take to suck it out. Any tubes I have here are too big. What size OD tube will fit down it?

As I read the forums, this puppy seems to have a few more items to check on than a normal boat. Have to look into the "pump oil"? And a split to check for grease? Might be a piece of cake, but just a little foreign to me at the moment. Gonna take the boat out on the lake today. Charging the battery and oil is good, but need to still be changed. I don't think there are any more than 20 hours on the last oil change since I bought the boat. Had about 103 on the clock and really don't know what all was done to it, but the guy that owned it ran a boat shop and it was his wife ride. I'm sure he took care of it.

You can duck tape a long straw to a wet-vac...

Just kidding. Hand pump is not that hard. Once it gets going, just be patient, and add an extra pump every once in a while...

Spend the $50 on the pump. When I bought the pump it came with a gallon of Seadoo oil, oil filter and spark plugs and I think it cost me $70/80 bucks. https://www.amazon.com/Hydro-Turf-O...&keywords=vacuum+pump+for+oil+change+for+boat I usually do the oil change just after I make my last trip of the season when the oil is hot. It only takes about 10 minutes to pump out the oil. No big deal. Because I live in Florida my last trip is in late November and I change the spark plugs just before the new 2017 season starts. For me that is the end of January.

Last edited by a moderator:
253.jpg

Good deal!! I might look that up! I did the oil change today. Dad had a suction gun that is about 40 years old. I had a piece of hose to hook on to it to get it down the stick tube. I got out a good gallon. Yes I know the procedures, but hey, a gal is good enough for me. I might put 30 hours tops in a year. I might use regular oil the end of this year. Call me cheap, but I use Wal-Mart on all my stuff. I figure if their 10-40 can take a track day of banging off the rev limiter all day, I can use it in the boat. No SC to deal with, other wise I'd get the best. I have probably a million miles on about 4-5 5 vehicles, 750K just on 2 Camrys, so I feel safe with it and Fram filters. My engines are clean as a whistle :D

I find it humorous how often people attempt to discredit oil products on the market. Is there a superior brand for protection yes, but if you follow the oil's maintainance schedule none of it matters. The additional protection is frivolous.

I buy mobile one for my cars, bikes, ski and boat for one reason only. The oil cap on the car says so. So I stick with the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back