1211 and Gaskets

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

caw0215

Hi - I have a 1995 Seadoo XP and have an assembly question. I have used 1211 with glazing the gaskets initially to keep the gasket in place ( manifold, cylinder gasket ) Sometimes I use a little more. Now I'm wondering if a gasket is used it's not good to add any extra squish and just let the gasket do it's job. Orings as well like with top end inner cylinder o-rings, loctite is recommended. Is there a best practice or rule of thumb? Thanks

The only place I use sealer these days…is high temp orange copper on the copper metal ring at the half pipes of an 800 and the 951…putting sealer on the gaskets tends to “squeeze” the gasket out…no sealer on “O” rings,,,on the metal head gasket of a 951 I apply a super thin layer of “perfect seal”..
If I absolutely need to re-use a gasket that has not torn,,,I will lightly sand it,,,and apply a thin layer of high temp orange copper.

As Popps said, all Seadoo gaskets go on dry. The head compression o-rings get 518 per the manual.

The only reason to use 1211 on the gaskets is if it fails the 8 psi leak down test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back