01 951 GTX DI pump noisy and slow acceleration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible it's the impeller shaft but I can't say for sure.
The brass pump uses impeller shaft #271000886
The Plastic pump uses shaft #271000965
Interesting. If we can get a length measurement for the 271000886, that would answer it.

The 271 000 886 fits the following:

951cc GSX (97 production) 1998
951cc GSX (98 production) 1998
951cc GTX Limited 1998
951cc XP Limited 1998. May fit other models

Interesting. Well I put mine back together and torqued everything to spec and it starts up OK and idles fine on the trailer, although I had to top off the battery to get it to start. I can’t confirm if the battery was a little low or if the driveline is a little tight. Planning to water test today and see what happens.

Interesting. Well I put mine back together and torqued everything to spec and it starts up OK and idles fine on the trailer, although I had to top off the battery to get it to start. I can’t confirm if the battery was a little low or if the driveline is a little tight. Planning to water test today and see what happens.
You used the bronze pump? What did you use for the impeller shaft?

Well it ran fine. I ran it about 10 miles in saltwater. Gauge indicated max speed 66, typical gauge reading at wot 61 mph. With the old pump and impeller it would read 50 mph at WOT with max speed 55. So about a 10 mph increase with the new impeller, wear ring and switching to the bronze pump.

Well it ran fine. I ran it about 10 miles in saltwater. Gauge indicated max speed 66, typical gauge reading at wot 61 mph. With the old pump and impeller it would read 50 mph at WOT with max speed 55. So about a 10 mph increase with the new impeller, wear ring and switching to the bronze pump.
Glad to hear it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back