Catalina..

Timmyboy,

Did you take your ski or boat out of DP?

Yeah.....afternoons can get nasty. Usually 7-10am is good. Against the swell on the way there, but following sea on the way back.

Fog will close me down too, because you can't see far enough to avoid large boats and there's a shipping lane that runs right through the channel.

I'll throw out a tentative date though....for those who want to join in....May 23/7am out of Huntington? Let me know if someone with a boat will join .....if not I'll get someone.

We can either goof off for the day at Catalina and spend the night or head back around 11 or 12. We should plan this in advance. There is a fuel dock in Avalon.

If you're interested in going email me at tracquest@yahoo.com and we'll exhange contact info and get something going. The more the better and safer too.

Timmyboy,

Did you take your ski or boat out of DP?

Yeah.....afternoons can get nasty. Usually 7-10am is good. Against the swell on the way there, but following sea on the way back.

Fog will close me down too, because you can't see far enough to avoid large boats and there's a shipping lane that runs right through the channel.

I'll throw out a tentative date though....for those who want to join in....May 23/7am out of Huntington? Let me know if someone with a boat will join .....if not I'll get someone.

We can either goof off for the day at Catalina and spend the night or head back around 11 or 12. We should plan this in advance. There is a fuel dock in Avalon.

If you're interested in going email me at tracquest@yahoo.com and we'll exhange contact info and get something going. The more the better and safer too.

no skis'...just boats, homey....I'M IN.....7a.m., meet at launch? Bro-in law will drive other boat, so..we got room, if people wanna "check out" the drive, before sign'n up for another run.

OK....

I have 3 riders on my side. After looking at the calendar, I guess the 23rd is the Saturday of Memorial day weekend.....which means

1. Crowded Launch Ramps
If Overnight....
2. Packed hotels in Catalina (They have camp grounds too.)
3. Shortage of Moorings in Avalon (buts its first come first serve)

but great restaurants and party action!

Let me know if you're looking to stay the night or do just a day trip. Or if you think the weekend of the 30th would be better.

This should be fun!

yeah, gaurantee 4 of us, with 2 boats, so, like I said, if anyone wants to get "feel" of trip, hit me up...timmyboy76@hotmail.com.
Speedmon, dont matta to me, stud...anyday/weekend...i'll be ready. Fun, its gonna be a KIK IN DA HEAD.

28 replies..

and they're between 3 members...wtf. Hey hfgreg, joeZ...think you need to put ASAP on those shirts, so we (So-Cal). can advertise the site more. Dont seem, to many Cal people know about it....:rofl:

I want to make a trip like this in my speedster, but the wife keeps telling me know. Those football players out of Florida have her pretty scared, plus the speedster is a very small boat to take into the ocean.

I want to make a trip like this in my speedster, but the wife keeps telling me know. Those football players out of Florida have her pretty scared, plus the speedster is a very small boat to take into the ocean.

Yeah, but they went solo...i've got 2-boats, speedmon, has people, i'm sure, when time comes, there will be more, signed in. Think "usctrojan" member, is down, now with his new boat...
Guy I sold my 14ft Sportster to, bought it, for that reason, so his wife then, can make the trip, along with him and his buddies, and they're on stand-ups.

i'm still in on my 96 xp 800. i'm sure i'll be riding the smallest ski out there. i'm thinking so far its 5-6 riders that are in ? and so far one boat for sure, right timmy ? i'm stoked about this ride. any date set yet ? i'm assuming its gonna be a 7am ish launch, or is a little later better ?

aint no flak'n on this run, homey...if it aint sold, we'll have 2-boats, bro-in-laws' down to drive one.
Look'n like either 23rd or 30th, of May,...dont matter to me.

Have made this run 6 times

I have made this trip around six times newport Beach and back, 2004 SC LTD.
This is a fun ride, all kinds of marine life. I refuel once I get there, we use our on-board GPS systems and have a group of 2 to 6 people. We leave around 6 to 8 am and return before the water gets to bad, nice ride would be happy to go.:hurray:

I have made this trip around six times newport Beach and back, 2004 SC LTD.
This is a fun ride, all kinds of marine life. I refuel once I get there, we use our on-board GPS systems and have a group of 2 to 6 people. We leave around 6 to 8 am and return before the water gets to bad, nice ride would be happy to go.:hurray:

dowrad..Yucaipa, wtf...i'm over here on 4th st.

Last edited by a moderator:
Catalina

Hello all!

I'm new to this forum and just caught this thread about Catalina.

I have made this trip on my 04' RXP and down for another trip.

Just say when and where...

Thanks

04' RXP Stock except for

XTREMP3 Audio system & GPS

Count me in!!!

I have a 2006 sportster. My buddy and I always talk about making the trip out to Catalina but never have done it. We are down to go for sure!! The 23 of May at 7 am works for us. We are down to stay the night or just make a quick trip. It would be cool to make it an overnighter and party out there for the night. There are a couple cool bars over there. The rooms might be more cause of the holiday weekend but I know my buddy and I will be down to split a room with a couple others to cut down the price if need be. This should be a good trip and I look forward to it!!!!!!!!!!!

I am up for a trip. I just can't make it that weekend if it is memorial. Going to my dad's place up by Havasu. I would think your chances of getting a hotel are about zero right now. Camping would be cool though. Love to camp and havent done it in Catalina since I was in boy scouts 30 years ago.

30th

That day, would work for me. Have daughter, the weekend of 23rd, and not quite sure, she'd be up for it...Definetly down for the 30th. Wat you'all think.

so the 30th at what time ? an over nighter might be dificult for some of us with smaller skis (think im the only one) lack of storage space for some dry clothes. looks like i'll be zip-locking my sh** for sure , lol. i'm definately in either way.

so the 30th at what time ? an over nighter might be dificult for some of us with smaller skis (think im the only one) lack of storage space for some dry clothes. looks like i'll be zip-locking my sh** for sure , lol. i'm definately in either way.

I figure there should be enough boats going where one of us can haul your stuff.

7/8am...

Considering, (sppedmon) has the experience, first-hand, think that should be good time,... and for over night'n it, i'm down.

Catalina

I have two more guys going, need to know where we are launching from.

The 30th works good for us too...

Let me know...

Thanks

sweeeeet...

cool...guess, were launch'n out of Huntington Beach (Sunset Marina)..whether your traveling North or South on "Bolsa Chica" go "West" at Edinger, and run right into it...

bump...

bump'n it. 2 weeks from now....thats right.
I say, 7am Sat. morning of the 30th at Huntington Harbor..aka Sunset Marina.

day trip right ? no over nighter? how many of us are goin ? i'm in for sure. im coming from san diego, whats the place that were launching from ? we all meetin up to eat first? whats the info bro ham?

Back