2011 RXTX 260 still getting IBR FAULTS

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Racebird1

It usually faults when I am idling and not using the IBR just going forward at idle speed. I have gone through just about everything and changed the following parts, Battery, harness connector to Stator, Stator, voltage regulator, pulled engine for stator changeout and inspected every connector. I have not changed the ECU or the IBR unit itself as it works fine every time for forward, reverse, and braking and does not fault during and of these actions. So my question that I need help on can this be an issue with the setting in the ECU that is checking voltage? I am thinking of trying to get another ECU to swap out and see if it fixes it. My ecu is a 2011 with the number 666422 0000 can I put in an ECU with a different number from a slightly newer model year? These last two items are a bit costly so trying not to waste money on something I may not need. What is flashing the ECU any thoughts if it will help and can I do that with my BUDDS 2

Sounds to me like you have high resistance/corrosion somewhere causing a voltage drop at lower RPMs below the safe operating voltage range of the IBR system and the IBR module is telling ECM which then throws a fault and limp mode. Double and triple check all the wiring, connectors, and grounds for any green crusties especially near the IBR connector.

Back