2011 Hydro Drags!!! Anyone going?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Rampage

Premium Member
Premium Member
2011 Hydro Drag And Freestyle Championships Announced
September 15, 2011

Attention all Drag Racers, Freestylers and Slalom Riders...The 2011 RIVA Racing HydroDrags presented by Sea-Doo and X-Scream will be held at the USA Water Ski Complex in Polk County, Florida, November 4th-6th. This year, the event will feature a trio of powersports, “Speed Alley” radar run, a bikini contest, live music, Hooter Girls, and plenty of giveaways.

This event will attract thousands from far and wide across the USA and beyond vying for a share of the $5,000 cash and prize purse, 2 USA National Titles and one prestigious International Title. There will be four separate events this year, including the US “Flatwater Speed and Style JAM Session Freestyle” National Championships, Speed Alley, Dual Slalom National Championships, and the Drag Racing World Cup Championships as recognized by the International Jet Sports Boating Association (IJSBA).

The current RIVA Racing HydroDrag Pro Champion is Julio Rivera of Puerto Rico, who also had a Speed Alley radar run of over 100 mph two seasons ago. There will be four divisions in the Drag Racing program this year which will include Hydro Box Stock, Hydro Pro Stock, Hydro Super Stock, and finally Hydro Unlimited which will feature a Cash Purse and only the first 50 entries will be accepted in the Hydro Unlimited Class. The Drag Racing will take place on Saturday and Sunday and there will be practice on Friday afternoon only between 1pm and 4pm.

The Flat-water Speed and Style Championships will feature 3 Classes, Junior, Amateur and Pro, subject to IJSBA rules (and there will be a technical inspection after the event). The qualifying for both of these classes will be on Saturday and the Finals on Sunday, with the Pro class earning a cash purse. Although this is a new event to the Hydro-Drags a lot of the top US Pro Freestylers like Jason “The Destroyer” Stoyer, Jeremy “Parr Daddy” Parr, and Michael “Rat Tat Tatti” Ratti will be in attendance vying for the coveted title of the IJSBA USA National Freestyle Champion.

This also is the first time that the HydroDrags will feature the Slalom competition and we are bringing it back by popular demand. The Slalom completion will boast 6 popular classes...Ski Stock, Ski Modified, Sport Open, Runabout Stock, and Pro Runabout Open. This competition will be held on Saturday morning and the complete schedule is attached to this release.

FYI...Admission to this event is $5.00 per day or $10.00 for a weekend pass and Pit Passes will be available onsite for $25.00 for the weekend. Interested racers and competitors must have their entry forms in no later than October 20th to avoid a hefty late fee. Spectators are encouraged to bring their own seating and plenty of tanning butter. Finally, there will be a “Racer’s Party” on Saturday night at Hooter’s / Lakeland West across the street from the host hotel in which everyone is invited! Entry forms may be obtained by contacting Mike Young at mpyoungjr@aol.com.

Entry forms and competition rules can be found at prohydroxtour.com. Hope to see you there!

Host Hotel: Comfort Inn & Suites
3520 US Highway 98 North
Lakeland, FL 33809
Phone: (863) 859-0100
Fax: (863) 859-0106

$59.99 Racer Rate if reserved by October 4th /Mention “RIVA Hydro-Drags”

RIVA Racing HydroDrag's Schedule of Events

Friday, November 4th
10am - 1pm Rider Check-in/Set Up
1pm - 4pm All Drag Racing practice on launch pad
4pm - 5pm Slalom Practice
5pm - 6pm Freestyle Practice
7pm - 8pm LATE REGISTRATION/LAST CHANCE at La Quinta

Saturday, November 5th
9am Riders Meeting for everyone
10am - 12pm Dual Slalom Championships/Performance Alley Opens
12pm - 1pm Flat Water Speed and Style Freestyle Qualifying
1pm - 2pm Hooter's Bikini Contest / Lunch Break
2pm - 3pm Speed Alley Radar Runs
3pm - 5pm Drag Racing Qualifying
8pm - ??? Racer Party at Hooter's

Sunday, November 6th
10am - 12pm Drag Racing
12pm - 1pm Lunch
1pm - 2pm Flat Water Freestyle Championships
2pm - 4pm Drag Racing Championships
4:30pm Hydro UnLimited Finals
6pm Awards

***This is a tentative schedule

i posted this the other day, im goin, not racin though, my buddy ross is racing in stock class - a waverunner - does that count ???? lol

Heck ya it counts LOL!!! We will be up there feel free to come over and say hey! I will have the Kawasaki/Monster Canopy up!

Looks like some of the Florida guys might be there this week end.

Send pics of the girls......

Are u kidding me, **(^(%$ on a pwc, ive never been to a race like this before, and seems twice the speed u see on a video, -- this is unreal, took about 75 pics i think, everyone and there brother was there, seen couple 98 mph i think, lots around 92-95, i been at the beach and see someone i (thought ) was really flyin, but now seems like he was idling around -- lol. even the stock class - lol (sorta-stock) i think was really incredible, guys idling around, (with laptops) adjusting boost, practice run, re-adjust, run again, settin em up to pull at line instead of boost popin off, heard pop off valves all day, few guys blew em up at lower end of lake and where towed back, seen to yamahas towed in by -- guess what - SEADOO, --- seen a real fast practice run, by a full modified, break a steering cable and end up on dry land goind about 75 i think, - he was ok though,and fixed it and was running strong when i left.

Back