2001 Utopia 185 - Throttle: Can't Get It Back Into Neutral Setting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Medicine90man

I removed the handle to put in light lithium grease since it was sticking. I might not have taken the handle off in neutral. I can't get it back into a setting where it thinks it's in neutral to get it to start or even turn over. I've tried over and over. Before doing this everything worked fine. Even put a new battery into it too. Suggestions that would help me out?

Thanks
Chris

Could it be the safety switch? What symptoms are there if that’s bad? When I move the throttle around to try to find neutral it sometimes beeps, sometimes not. But it still won’t turn to try to start the engine. Chris

Could it be the safety switch? What symptoms are there if that’s bad? When I move the throttle around to try to find neutral it sometimes beeps, sometimes not. But it still won’t turn to try to start the engine. Chris

Does your shifter FEEL like its in neutral?
There are small wires that tell the ECU if it is safe to start (in neutral). These wires run from the shifter down toward the bilge. Sorry- I don't know where they go from there.
In the shifter- There is a small magnet that moves toward a reed switch. It should turn ON in the close presence of a magnet. The reed switch have been known to fail.

Back