Where do these wires go? 1996 Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kageronyc

Hey All! First time poster, I bought a 1996 Speedster Twin Rotax last summer, runs ok, needs a little cosmetic TLC, but should be a fun boat to tinker with.

Question 1: There is only one negative (black) wire for two batteries . . . assuming there should be a small jumper battery wire from one negative battery post to the other?

Question 2: There are two small wires that are not connected to anything. Looks like they should be connected to the battery, but they weren't. I think the red should have gone to a radio that is no longer there. But I don't know what the green is and couldn't find in the wiring diagram.

Thanks in advance!
Rob

Attachments

• 20210528_201203.jpg
    20210528_201203.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 32
The red with the red with yellow end and green have been added and are not factory. You will have to trace them to see what they go to.

My 96 Speedster has 2 negative wires, one going to each battery. If you only have one negative cable, I would trace down the other end and see where it's connected. That should tell you whether both engines are connected to it or only one.

Yes there should be 2 positive, and 2 negative wires. As well as a (black jumper wire). I bet the other wire is for a new water pump, or a fan quick fix? Those dual batteries are a pain in the A%$.

Look over by the port sire, the other neg. wire is in there somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back