water regulator

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thumper3322

So I have done lots of maintenance this to get it prefect for the season.

In short on my phone writing this. My water regulator is pissing out water under the black cap at the front of it. I'm guessingthe bellows is gone?

water is still coming out the piss hole like nothing is wrong and the engine isn't hot. Am I ok to run it this weekend until I get it fixed over the weekend? It's so amazing out.

Also... My max rpms is only 6350, would this leak cause it not reaching it's max rpm?

Thanks!
Hope everyone is enjoying their toys on this amazing weekend.

got any old raves laying around? You could clean up one of those bellows and use it in a pinch, right? Yes, increased water pressure from the pump when the rpms are coming up will shut off the water to the pipe letting it rev to it's potential. I believe your broken valve is not cutting off the water when it should or at all.

I have rave, old housings, but never needed bellows. Damn. I haven't taken it apart yet, just making a guess.

That would be awesome and get my top speed finally.

Thanks

Well take it apart and see whats up. Many times the retainer will rot away and you can just clean it up and use a tiny zip tie to bind it back tight to where it is supposed to ride.

How the heck do you take it out? The manual sucks for how to get it out of there?

Do you need a wrench? does it just unscrew from the exhaust? I REALLY don't want to break it.

Everything kinda looks ok, but definitely leaking. Need to get it out to clean and see.

You can unscrew it by hand.

Inspect the bellows and really look at the very bottom of the bellows where the clip is. That clip tends to rust out and deteriorate the rubber. I had 1 clip almost completely dissolved and another clip poked a hole in my bellows. The bellows for the water pressure regulator are expensive, I think I paid 38 a piece.

I use zip ties now instead of that stupid clip.

Ya that clip was pretty done. Stupid, but wasn't the cause, just a hole in the bellows. On order $47 up here, crazy.

Did you have to file down the corners of the zip tie? I read you should do that, or is that only for the top clip?

I only got it last year, so don't think it has ever hit its true potential, can't wait do get back to max rpms, as it already cooks along now.

Yea the bellows are ridiculously expensive.

Funny I didn't read anything about filing the zip tie but I noticed after I clipped it, it had a sharp edge so I took my soldering iron and melted it down. Definitely do it on the bottom, that sharp edge is a hazard to the bellows as was the original clip in my case cause it poked a hole in the bellows.

I melted the sharp edges off the ties on the top one as well but thats because if you don't its a clearance issue. The heads of the zip ties will rub on the inner housing if you don't melt or file them down. You'll see its a very tight fit when putting a zip tie around the top of bellows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool thx. Looks like one piece when apart. They look fine. Awe how it goes this weekend. I want full power finally :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back