Spark Impellar shaft bearing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Marc05

I removed the impellar shaft bearing from a friends spark. And I happened to have the wheel bearing from a 2008 Kawasaki Brute force on my bench as well.
They are identical in size and shape. Could very possibly come from the same factory in China. Only the spark bearing was more $ and it is not sealed. Vs. the Brute force bearing is sealed..

The reason I am changing the bearing, is because water got in and of course ruined the bearing. If it was a sealed bearing, I would think the water would not have as much of a chance at ruining it if there was intrusion..

Any one know the reason the bearing is not sealed? And if anyone has tried installing a sealed bearing?

Thank you!

Well this forum blows. Not 1 reply... I'm gunna try the bearing and keep the info to myself I guess. ✌

Please, take it easy, there is a "spark" thread for spark owners,,,I am sure you will get the advice you need, there are many contributors on this site. Its unusual for the newer greased bearings to leak, so double check the "O" ring on the cone,

Back