Seadoo HX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Super Chicken

Hey guys never posted here before I'm a newbie I picked up a Sea-Doo hx720 motor with the West Coast head on it and a factory pipe I'm just trying to figure out how to run the cooling lines for the head and the pipe if you could help I would deeply appreciate it.

The first thing you need to do is measure the outlet of the Factory Pipe. If it is 34mm do not run it as it will melt down the rear piston.
If it is 38mm it can be used.
Find a stock head and get rid of the Westcoast Head. You will have to run race gas all the time with the pipe and the head, you want stock compression.

You better make sure the crank, pistons, seals and gaskets and everything are 100% or you will destroy the engine.

For carbs you need to find a set of stock 787 carbs, the 720 ones do not flow enough fuel or air for the 720 with a factory pipe.

Finally what are your goals with the HX?

The first thing you need to do is measure the outlet of the Factory Pipe. If it is 34mm do not run it as it will melt down the rear piston.
Find a stock head and get rid of the Westcoast Head. You will have to run race gas all the time with the pipe and the head, you want stock compression.

You better make sure the crank, pistons, seals and gaskets and everything are 100% or you will destroy the engine.

For carbs you need to find a set of stock 787 carbs, the 720 ones do not flow enough fuel or air for the 720 with a factory pipe.

Game plan is is just to remove my bone stock motor and put this one in and the ride give me a little bit of extra and yes this is the good Factory pipe I also have a set of 46 mm carburetors Ford as well but you're highly recommending that I not use the West Coast Ted I've used in previously on my Kawasaki Motors and had no problem but I guess I'll have to look and see what I can come up with for a stock head I bought a bunch of other parts that I'll probably never use that a guy had so I just figured I'd go ahead and put this motor in it so in case it grenades I'll just put the bone stock motor back in it continue on I bought this ski brand new.

Back