Rampages Spark Mod Thread.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Rampage

Premium Member
Premium Member
378.jpg

Thought I would start a thread on different mods I will be doing to the spark, and my reviews on how the mods went.
So far I bought the 60 hp base, then added a flush kit and front storage bin.
When adding the flush kit I realized what a crappy design. 1st problem I noticed was that the mounting holes in the ride plate do not have threads in them. The bolts they supply are supposed to self tap the holes... I could not use them because there is no way to get the tool in there to tighten them down straight.. So I got some regular stainless bolts from the hardware store, that I could use a 10mm wrench to tighten them.

Before I tapped the holes

379.jpg

After I ran the new bolts in

380.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now time to Tune. I got the vtechtuner, and they sent me several maps to test. I have only been able to test one so far. It was amazing what performance gains it did. I paced my son on my RXT and I was ready 54 mph.. I know this is not a very accurate way to measure, but its all we had at the time. Sorry for the crappy video. phone in one hand and driving with the other. I will post up more details as I go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HaE6MyqwAM

Removed the very restrictive flame

400.jpg

401.jpg

402.jpg

403.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Coming along nice. . Waiting on sponsons now

Made some mat kits from a roll of hydro turf

344.jpg

345.jpg

Brad, we will have the HT kits for the spark up tomorrow most likely. That looks awesome.

Working on the sponsons today!

Love that knee pad you placed also...that piece KILLED my knee in aggressive riding, and that's a great solution.

Hey when you tapped the holes did you need to drill or just used a 10mm tap and they tapped fine? Also roughly how long were the bolts you had to buy?
Thanks

Thanks Joe and greg for getting me the sponsons in time

Thanks Joe and greg for getting me the sponsons in time

No problem man! Sorry I couldn't make it out to the races.. I have been sick since Thursday!!

Feeling better today.. hoping I'll be 100% in a couple days!

Man oh man those sponsons look sharp! What a great weekend for the Sparks. Looking forward to getting all the videos up!

Back