Programming DESS fobs w/BUDS - Do I need the "Desspost" or power module?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Oshawapilot

Hey all. I'm trying to help out a fellow with a seadoo to program a new key. I have a full BUDS system w/megatech licence that I use on our Spyder when needed so as I understand it I should be able to do the job for him, but I'm a little confused about the need for the special "Desspot" module for some seadoos apparently, but not others?

I'm finding such a mismash of info online on when the Desspost is needed, and when it's not, so I thought I'd ask here for clarification as I know someone can break it down simply I'm sure.
Also, I see that there's a power module as well that may or may not be needed to keep the ECM awake during the process? I was able to help a friend fix a key problem with his Skidoo this past winter and we were able to keep the ECM awake long enough to get the job done by simply bumping the start button and working quick. I see some reference to just holding the start button on Seadoos as an alternative while programming keys...is this a workable option?

I don't really want to purchase a DESSPost or power module unit as I only have BUDS to begin with for our own Spyders so it's not something I want to put any money into as neither are needed for Spyders.

Thanks for any advice!

Back