New Waverunner

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsbj123

After 10 years of owning and riding 2 stroke Seadoos. I went to the dealer yesterday to trade in my '99 GTX RFI for a new 4 stroke Doo. After 2 hours of looking and researching I bought a new Yamaha Waverunner VX Cruiser. It was $500 less than the comparable Seadoo. But the main selling point for me was the simplicity. It requires 87 octane gas. The only maintenance is to change the oil and filter every 100 hours. That's it! No jet pump oil, or zerks or lubing and adjusting. Simply change the oil and filter every every 100 hours. Done. These machines typically go 500+ hours trouble free.
I think Seadoo is falling behind. They seem to be focused on the Spark. I looked at the Spark. It looks cheaply built and not durable.

After 10 years of owning and riding 2 stroke Seadoos. I went to the dealer yesterday to trade in my '99 GTX RFI for a new 4 stroke Doo. After 2 hours of looking and researching I bought a new Yamaha Waverunner VX Cruiser. It was $500 less than the comparable Seadoo. But the main selling point for me was the simplicity. It requires 87 octane gas. The only maintenance is to change the oil and filter every 100 hours. That's it! No jet pump oil, or zerks or lubing and adjusting. Simply change the oil and filter every every 100 hours. Done. These machines typically go 500+ hours trouble free.
I think Seadoo is falling behind. They seem to be focused on the Spark. I looked at the Spark. It looks cheaply built and not durable.

Congrats on new ski.
I have two of them and have been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back