Need Help! 1997 Seadoo GTX Jetski, Having issues with gas gauge.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattnerkowski

Well its a first for us, being a recent owner of 1997 Seadoo GTX, and 1996 Seadoo Speedster. First off the GTX, we ran into an oil seal issue with the oil reservoir tank leaking from the seam in the middle of the tank, after alot of research, its a common issue, we were going to shift over to pre-mix but instead we decided to order a new tank, at that time we notice the digital gauge that reads the the mph on the bottom of the gauge on the face plate, shows there is a digital read out for the amount of gas in the tank, but there is no reading. We are not sure where to even start looking. Any ideas where we could start, Fuse, Sending unit, the actual gauge? We have no clue why it isn't working and have no clue if it was ever. These PWC's were given to us. Please if you could help, please reply back.

Also, another question on hand about the 96 Seadoo speedster, we broke the left throttle cable, and my god was that a mission to find a replacement, but currently it is a single cable line running straight to the left throttle, the one we bought has a Y-end. which is supposed to hook up where?, besides the throttle. The original OEM is a Y-end. i have read something online about removing a throttle line from the Shifter? can someone lead me to the right direction to look for this issue. Thank you

For the gas gauge issue, Do a search for "F1 fuse" and I think you'll find your answer to that problem

As for the Speedster, sorry I can't help you on that one

I repaired the f1 fuse. Its not that hard. I would recommend using a box cutter. When you put the access piece back on it will fit tight and you won't have to fill in the gap and it will be easier to melt the seam.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back