Need a seadoo mechanic is Houston area

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

davbrucas

I have a 98 Speedster that needs to be gone through and checked out...probably needs a top end rebuild on both engines. It has sat up for a couple years. Email me or shoot me a text. I am in Pearland. Or if you know someone that does this type of work on the side let me know. Thanks.

davbrucas@aol.com

Any idea what compression is? Just wondering why you think it needs top end rebuild.

Hard to find mechanics that are willing to take on the jobs and turn them around any time soon.

I would offer to help but i am currently in a rent house and dont have all my tools or room to work.

I havent checked the compression yet but I plan to...but being 12yrs old with an unknown amount of hours I would rather just replace the pistons/rings as it isnt that expensive. I am ordering parts now and I guess I will do it myself in my spare time. I was just hoping that someone would like to make some cash on the side working on it. The boat is in okay condition, but it has been neglected for years. Thanks for the offer and if you know someone that wants the job, let me know.

Just cuz its 12 yrs old doesnt mean it needs a rebuild.

A rebuild wont hurt nothing but i hate to see someone do work that isnt needed.

I would start with new fuel and oil lines and a carb rebuild. Drain gas tanks maybe. New filters. Then run the snot out of it.

12yrs and several hundred hours so its getting a topend rebuild as well as what you listed. Whether it needs the repair is irrelevant.

Oh. Several hundred hours? Yup....would benefit from new rings and a good honing.

Brazos motorsports. Team mancuso. Kays maybe. Give em all a call.
Usually they are swamped this time of year but you may get lucky.

Also a couple mom and pop shops in conroe.

Possibly genes polaris in baytown.

12yrs and several hundred hours so its getting a topend rebuild as well as what you listed. Whether it needs the repair is irrelevant.

This might help direct your decision. (?)

Has anyone heard of or used "FullBore" ? I spotted them as an advertiser on Ebay . They say they will take your jugs , hone and rebuild with new parts and turn them around to you for $295. Sounds too good to be true.

Opinions ?

Yes...after reading these boards all day yesterday, I have seen where several on here recommend them. www.fullboreonline.com
I will be using them if I need the jug bored.

I checked the compression on the port motor and both cylinders read 110psi...I couldnt check the starboard motor because the starter will only turn the engine to a certain point and then stop...I assume this is a starter issue since I can easily turn the engine by hand with a wrench past this point. I will be taking the top end apart this weekend. I have to go get a heat gun as I already broke 3 of those PITA bolts that hold the air intake to the carb!

110 is a bit low, but personally, I would ride the season out and rebuild over the winter. If they will run at all.

If you start a rebuild now, or if you drop it off to have it rebuilt, you won't get it back til february...:mad:

110 is a bit low, but personally, I would ride the season out and rebuild over the winter. If they will run at all.

If you start a rebuild now, or if you drop it off to have it rebuilt, you won't get it back til february...:mad:

Feb? LOL. I will have it done in 2wks.

I have to go get a heat gun as I already broke 3 of those PITA bolts that hold the air intake to the carb!

YIKES ! NIGHTMARE !
I hear that PB Blaster is pretty popular for breaking loose corroded bolts. I use Kroil, and am satisfied with it. Patience is the key . I soak the bolts and just go do something else for a day , returning every 6 hours or so to give them a knock with a bronze hammer and another squirt. So far, I havent broken one , but plenty of stripped out allen heads i had to notch and remove with the impact driver.

Good luck.

Back