My soon to be black n white '97 challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhNoItsMe

Here are some before shots of my '97 challenger that was stock green n purple and was redone in red/grey/black(painted vinyl:facepalm:)

Also have a pic of my steering wheel with the centre painted(kinda rough but will do for now till i can track down a clean 1)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Will update as it progresses will wait for winter to do the upholstery

:cheers:

They look better on the pics I'm changing them to black n white
As far as what was used to make them grey n red the previous owner told me they were stained but idk with what... All i know is 2 pair of shorts have been ruined due to color bleed

I'm currently looking into closed cell neoprene for covering the seats. I'm in the process of researching it atm but seems promising so far

I did paint the front back rest black, it turned out great but idk if it'll last or bleed its colour or last very long it seems to not want to crack when the surface is pushed in.

Here are some pics of the result and of the paint used
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I dont know about stained but on some vinyl spray paint the word dye is used but to me its just vinyl spray paint

I'll be addind a hydroturff complete kit this winter after i take care of some estetic work(the entire boat) and had a question about surface prep. Currently i have the oem optional rubber mats on the rear of the boat and one of them has fallen off and i can see what i'll b up against when i remove the others heres a pic of whats left over of the glue after 3-4 acetone washes
image.jpg

My question is do i need to completely remove the old glue before installing the hydroturf? Or is it ok to remove the exces like i have and just slap on the hydroturf?

Also if i need to remove the rest of that old glue any ideas how?? I've washed it several times with pure acetone and even put a cloth on it and poured acetone to let it soak and thats the best i could do(w/o sanding it)

Ty

Ok so winter is upon us and well its time to think of storage... But now i get to start my seat project i have found a neoprene supplyer down in cali that will ship to me here in canada. I have decided to go with 4mm thickness closed cell neoprene black dura-shark finish (for extra adherence) on the inner seats and back rests and will go with the regular finish for the rest of the seats.

I've taken the seats off and ran into a few issues... The guy who had redone the seats b4 me reinstalled them using whatever screws he had on hand...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So thats what a seatless challenger looks like now my next step is to remove the old vinal off the seats and use them as template in order to order the correct amount of neoprene and to eliminate the guess work out of the equation!

Will upload pics of the removed vinal and include the amount of sq/inches needed per seat assembly to recover (hopfully will help someone out)

Tbc!

hello all!

I have finally come out of hibernation and have some update photos of my (minimal) progress. I used a rubberized paint called Plasti-dip and would like to warn that at 20$ a can going with white is not a cheap undertaking.....

I still need some touch ups and an other coat of white but will leave it as is for this season to see if it will last.

I just ordered my complete hydroturf kit black on dark grey and can't wait too see the end result!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back