Just got a couple of boats, what are the must dos?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

eric_fri

I just got a couple of boats and I'm wondering what are the must dos for maintenance and repairs. One is a 96 SPX and the other is a 96 GTX. Both start and run great on the trailer and I saw them on the water last year.
I’ve already rebuilt the pump on the GTX, new bearings, seals, wear ring, etc… They both have the grey Tempo lines which I plan to replace as well as rebuild the carbs. What else should I check over to ensure things run great?

Chers,
Eric

I just got a couple of boats and I'm wondering what are the must dos for maintenance and repairs. One is a 96 SPX and the other is a 96 GTX. Both start and run great on the trailer and I saw them on the water last year.
I’ve already rebuilt the pump on the GTX, new bearings, seals, wear ring, etc… They both have the grey Tempo lines which I plan to replace as well as rebuild the carbs. What else should I check over to ensure things run great?

Chers,
Eric
Hey if they run good the change the lines and I would rebuild the carb but make sure to use only oem Mikuni carb kits ask my how I know. And I would change out the oil injection lines because if they brake it’s a motor rebuild and I would flush the oil in the injection tanks that way you know what kind of oil is in there. Also clean the raves on the gtx the spx doesn’t have any other than that they should be good to go for a couple years before you have to do any maintenance. Those are both great skis definitely be a lot of fun

make sure to use only oem Mikuni carb kits
This I know. I also have a 91 Superjet and it has the same carb.
And I would change out the oil injection lines because if they brake it’s a motor rebuild and I would flush the oil in the injection tanks that way you know what kind of oil is in there.
Good call. I’m so used to premixing the injection is foreign to me. I don’t trust it yet.
Also clean the raves on the gtx
I haven’t heard of those, I’ll look it up.

Thanks for the tips!

This I know. I also have a 91 Superjet and it has the same carb.

Good call. I’m so used to premixing the injection is foreign to me. I don’t trust it yet.

I haven’t heard of those, I’ll look it up.

Thanks for the tips!
Yeah man no problem on the seadoos you have to run oil in the tank so that it loobs the rotory vale gear. Even if you’re running premix. The injection pumps are very reliable the pumps never fail. The lines do. The pumps on other brands like Yamaha and Kawasaki do but every single person on that I have heard of has never had a Seadoo pump fail. But whatever you feel comfortable with. Good luck

lol i feel you.
Me Three. I am the Seadoo 2-stroke resurrector. :D :D Some of them do not appreciate me and fight me all the way... like this speedster. :D :D It finally succumbed to my repeated attacks and ceaseless onslaught. It's almost friendly now. LOL

Back