Jet pump oil change

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfister

I just changed my jet pump oil for the second time this season on Thursday night. I have done everything to the t . I put on new cone, Loctite 518, blue Loctite on screws, o rings, pressure tested and it held pressure, added oil, sealed set screw. Put jet ski in water yesterday and seeing oil leaking out. Any suggestions

Ski is a 2003 gti le

It only takes a little bit of oil to show in water. Could just be residual oil left on surfaces from the procedure. If it held pressure, I would say that leaves the plug seal, but if you sealed that good. I’m not sure I would worry unless you are certain of a leak.

It only takes a little bit of oil to show in water. Could just be residual oil left on surfaces from the procedure. If it held pressure, I would say that leaves the plug seal, but if you sealed that good. I’m not sure I would worry unless you are certain of a leak.
Thanks . I have another o ring and going to redo. Wondering if too much oil or it is leaking from seal on other side . It was holding pressure before I put oil in .

I agree with jj, that you are only seeing residual oil. Ride it at wot, for a while, and then Recheck your oil, if it is milky, then the leak no doubt is from the front pump seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back