Introduce yourself to the community.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

laura05

Hello everyone we need to get to know one another a bit.. Am I the only girl on the boards? :) Well my name is Laura, I'm from California. But now live in Georgia. I have ridden my wave runner in the ocean but now I mostly ride in lakes. How about you guys?

Hello, my name is Joe and I'm a wave-o-holic. I'm from Tampa and I ride as often as possible

Hello fellow Jetskiers. My name is David, age 44. AKA Deadly Dave on various other forums out there. I got that knickname through racing Motor Cross years ago.;) Dont do it now, as it takes to long too recover from injuries.
(I dont bounce back up now):rolleyes:
Jetsking is a far better hobby. Only one injury from this sport 5 years ago.
( Broken cheek bone)
Forum name comes from my car registration and first letter
in surname D Supe and from the Toyota Supra's I once owned and showed.
Waiting for a mark 5 Supra to come outa Japan before I consider another one.:D
Pleased to be a Moderator on here, and hope I can be of some help to others on here.

Names "thegreat" no really it's Charles. I love to ride. Any time I'm not on the internet you can mostly bet thats what I am doing. Been riding 6 years now. Mostly lakes. And how do I get to be a Moderator? :)

TheGreat, we are looking for people who post often, help out others, and set the example. Anyone can do it, just stay on here for a while, do what I suggested, and we'll see what happens

im from Michigan, names Jonathan. I have gotten the bug bite from riding... its a blast. I have only taking it out on a 6000 acre lake, quite large, but after a very windy day, i want to visit the ocean =)

Greetings Everyone,

Let me preface this by saying a big THANKS to Joe Z for all his assistance. I am 49 years old and not looking forward to next year!! This is probably the reason I went out and bought two SeaDoo's.....my wife thinks I am just plain crazy:p Anyway, so far I ride in the rivers that surround this coastal town here in eastern NC. I have not ventured to the Outer Banks (OBX) yet. I just reached 10 hours on both skis and did my 10 hour inspection thanks to Joe Z. I am looking forward to learning more about riding and maintaining these awesome machines! Thanks for this thread Laura!:)

Names Greg, from Tampa Florida. Home of the Bucs and Lightning. Like to ride on the weekend. Basically summer year round here :)

Nice to meet you all. :)

Professorpg, if you have a tech question, make a post in the appropriate forum and we'd be glad to give help.

Nice to meet you all. :)

Professorpg, if you have a tech question, make a post in the appropriate forum and we'd be glad to give help.

Your post has been moved to Trouble shooting Professorpg.
Hope you can get it fixed speedily :D

And welcome to the Forum.;)

No Laura, I am a girl also. My name is Kathi and live in MN with 10,000 lakes here. So I ride on the lakes here and never taken my jetski out of state. I have owned two Jetski's, my first one was bought brand new in 1995. Wow does that make me feel old. anyways just wanted to let you know there is another girl on the forum!! :)

Hello All!

Hello all, and before I read the last post, I too thought Laura may be the only female member............here ya'll, I'll say if for ya!....My wife has my two daughters saying it all the time, especially around me......."Women rule, boys drooll".........I don't know why she likes to say it....I guess it makes her feel good. Glad to meet the two of you!
I grew up on the Gulf of Mexico in Mobile, Al. I ride the rivers, bays and south of Dauphin Island in the Gulf. Theres such a huge choice of which type of water to ride. I usually ride the river (Dog River) on the mid western side of Mobile bay, for those that may be looking at a map, because it's smooth as glass. Early in the morning anyway, before all the other skiers start tearing it up!........I rode the earlier model stand-up Kawa's and moved into the Tigersharks. Learned to salom, barefoot, kneeboard and the most fun of course, TUBING!.....LOL........The wakeboard was a little past my time, but I can do it. I just don't get any big thrill out of it now.
My two daughters, one 5 the other 6, can handle my Tigershark better than there bicycles......they love the river. I bought the Seadoo challenger this past year, now we all go out and have fun at the same time. My oldest daughter was very hesitant in watching her mom kneeboard for the first time. She didn't think she could do it. I told her about how she used to do it before she was born..........I wish I had a video camera for when she got up on the board.........my daughter laughed at her mom for a good 5 minutes before she finally fell, jumping a wake...........that'll be a memory I have for a life time.
Thanks for the thread Laura.........which btw, is my wifes name........LOL:cool:

Hello All my name is Tim and I am from toronto Ont. Canada and this is my first ski 2007 GTI and so far I love this sport{all 5 hours so far} but hope to put many more on.:cheers:

Nice to know you Tim.
As you know Im over the pond in England.
But im off for a holiday over yours for 2 weeks. on the 7th of October.
My Son plays Ice Hockey and we follow Ice hockey as a hobby, so we are plannng on watchin some games over there.
If your going to a game around that time.
let us know by pm.
It would be nice meeting up wth a fellow Seadooer.

Hello all, I just joined the forum with a purchase of 97 Challenger. I'm 47 and used to rip up the water since about 78 on a 440 superstock, 550mod and 650mod Kawi Jetskis. I did the competition scene for about 5 yrs as a semi-pro, and after racing motocross for previous 5yrs. I feel right at home with the jet boat for a hobbie and I can take the wife and teen kids tubing too...I live on the gulf side of sunny Florida and love the intercoastal water way and the surf, oh and the year round sun...can't forget that. I hope to meet ya all in the threads... Karl

Welcome

Welcome to the forum Karl.

Theres a few others on here with motorcross backgrounds that have turned to jetskiing.

I did because I dont bounce off the ground to good now.

Its an age thing I guess.

Race!

Although I never raced a dirt bike in a sanctioned race, I rode hard and took the knocks that they dish out!...The dirt bikes of my day were pretty much street bikes with the blinkers and fenders removed and knobby tires for traction. You felt every landing on every jump you took. When I got my Bultaco 250, I thought I was the baddest dude on the block!........till I got beat by this little pip squeak on a Suzuki 185!.......LOL
Just like skiing......I don't barefoot anymore......it hurts to bad when I fall. I'll stick to the slalom and kneeboard, thank you very much!.....yeah, I'm getting a little older now and don't mind sayin it, but there are still many things that challenge me.........and I still give it the good fight!........then at night, I beg my wonderful wife for a back rub and a cold brew!............LOL
Welcome Karl, nice to have you here!.......I also have a 97 Challenger!
Louis :cheers:

Hi all, I live in Quebec, I'm new to this hobby...well lets say I got a taste at jetskiing and love it. I need to learn and read some more before I decide on buying my first watercraft wich will probably be next spring.

We have extraordinary lakes and rivers up here, I already own a kayak but I need some speed and I want to practice my wakeboarding without always going with my friend's boat.

Convinced to find good tips on here.

PS: I also speak french.

Wee-Wee!

Wee-Wee, I speak a little french........LOL.........na, just kidding. I can barely speak english. I speak redneck english.....doesn't require good sentence structure. And being from the South, I can do that!....

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Were glad to have ya. Shop around and if there's anything you need, I'm sure there's an answer in one of the posts!..........

BTW, ain't it too cold up there to be out on a river or lake? I bet the water temp can't be above 50! We southerner's are wimps to that cold water. We like to ride in a pair of shorts and no shirt!............:cheers:

BTW, ain't it too cold up there to be out on a river or lake? I bet the water temp can't be above 50! We southerner's are wimps to that cold water. We like to ride in a pair of shorts and no shirt!............:cheers:

lol crazy southern folks ;)

Actually, it gets pretty warm up here in summer time, like 25-35 degrees celcius. And water temp rises to a comfy 70-80, heck, some lakes are warmer than my swimming pool! So we can also ride with short and no shirt....well at lest during june, july and august.

Quebec.

Hello Kayak.

Quebec, Hey aint that the home of the Bombardier.:hurray:

Your spoilt for choice up there for lakes and rivers.:drool5:

Good evening all....
My name is Don and the name Wheels & Waves is the name of my business. We service all makes of PWC's (specializing in Sea Doo) and ATV's. I am a professional firefighter and a mechanic. I do the firefighter stuff once every three days and have been now for over 15 years. I have also worked at a local Sea Doo dealership for almost 10 years before branching out on my own. I enjoy helping out here on the seadooforum when I get a little extra time. I have two sons ages 4 and 7 who enjoy taking apart everything they own and trying to put it back together with Daddy's tools. SDS, the boys rule our house....at least we will continue to believe so.

Welcome Don, it's a good thing to have a person of your caliber on board..you could become very busy on these forums..lol

Hi
I’m Armando from Dominican Republic. I just bought a Sea Doo and I want to know what is the best boom to use on my boat.
I would love to teach my kids to water sky and to barefoot.
I live on a very shallow water area and bought a jet boat for that reason.

Thanks in advance

Armando
Punta Cana,
Dominican Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back