Impeller wearing on one side

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

CollinSpark

Hello all. I have a 2021 Seadoo spark trixx and I ride fairly hard. i kept blowing plastic wear rings every 10 hours and impellers about every 30 - 40. I upgraded to a solas wear ring and impeller and I got about 60 hours off of it. I have taken apart the pump and the wear ring is only wearing on one side and there is a noticeable amount shaved off the impeller. what is wrong and how can I fix this? thanks.

Sounds like either you got a bad pump bearing or the wear ring is not seating in pump housing.by your time on machine you have over a hundred hours at minimum.if you keep blowing plastic wear rings is your impeller shaft bent?

Sounds like either you got a bad pump bearing or the wear ring is not seating in pump housing.by your time on machine you have over a hundred hours at minimum.if you keep blowing plastic wear rings is your impeller shaft bent?
Bearings fine looked at that. wear ring is properly seated and I made sure because I've made that mistake before. impeller shafts fine I measured that. I'm really clueless, I'm thinking engine alignment but id really not like to spend 200$ on an engine alignment kit for that not to be the issue.

My 08 GTx did that, but it was my plastic pump housing flexing. I modded it to the metal housing, now all is well, no more onesided wear jobs. Not sure if you have a plastic pump , or not, think the Spark is metal. I tried new impeller, new bearing, new shaft , just to find it was the whole pump housing. Wish I'd of researched it,everyone here said it's the plastic housing. My plastic housing must of been expanded also because the wearing dropped in by hand, and the with the metal housing, I used my press to get the wear ring in. Also I use just oem wear rings now, every aftermarket one fit differently?

Last edited:
Back