How to change the filter? 2015 GTX S 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

rsclark1113

Good morning everyone, first time poster as I just bought this Sea Doo last year and am the type of guy that likes to do my own maintenance.
Mostly to save some $$$. Very familiar with boat maintenance but this is my first Sea Doo. So far I winterized it in the Fall with no issues and am now changing the oil before I put it in the water for the season. I bought the oil change kit from my local dealer and thought OK this will proably take an hour or so the first time. LOL, so far 3 hours in and am totally perplexed at one point. I warmed it up and drained the oil. Got about 3.5 quarts out which is what I expected (just humming along)
I was able to loosen the oil filter torx bolt and get the cap off the top but there is no room to actually take the cap and filter out? There is a housing above it that does not allow for clearance to lift it out? The housing looks like a filter housing but not sure. I decided to just stop and research before I take anything else apart?
This is the model with suspension as a reference. Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

Back