Help with 717 rebuild? Jugs question . . .

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wmshay6

Working on a 717 in a 1997 GTI. Got the water jacket and cylinder heads off. TONS of corrosion from saltwater inside the jugs. I can clean that up OK. Jugs are buggered up some along outside edges- but cylinders, liners, pistons, rings all look good. So my question- if the gasket channels / outside rims of the jugs are a little out of shape or wobbly from all the prying- is it possible to get away with just a gasket kit of do I need to replace the jugs completely?

My goal is to simply get this thing running pretty decent to have some fun with it this summer. I'm just an old dude that wants to tool around some. Anybody with experience rebuilding these simple things want to comment? Don't want to spend the money to replace the jugs if I can get 20 or 25 hours a summer out if it by just replacing gaskets.

Those are too far gone in my opinion.
So many cracks and corrosion damage. You would be much better off finding a set of clean used cylinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back