Hello Everyone

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shovelmike

Premium Member
Premium Member
I am new here, just wanted to introduce myself.
I owned a Mach I 20 foot cuddy OMC 260 (Chevy 350) for many years. I got tired of feeding the gas hog truck needed to transport it.
Also had a Yamaha Waverunner 500 (what a dog), first time I hopped aboard a Seadoo I knew they were the craft I needed.
I just in the last two weeks bought two Seadoos 94 GTX and 96 XP on a double trailer for $2,500. A little battery charging and a starter relay in the XP and I was good to go.
The XP was missing the bumper, so I bought and installed one just to make her look nicer as well as protecting the fiberglass a bit.
This is a great site, and a great source of valuable information. I went premium, and enjoyed being able to download manuals.
As you can see in my avatar, I am also a Fender Strat fanatic.

Welcome to the best SeaDoo forum.

The 96 XP is on the recall list for fuel tank; call your local dealer with the HIN and they can tell you if it has been done. If not already replaced the dealer will do it no cost to you.

I do not think the 94 GTX is on the list, but the dealer can tell you for sure.

You probably have the dreaded gray Tempo fuel lines on the XP for sure. If so it is critical that you replace them and clean up the fuel system including carbs. I got a 96 XP a while ago and the internal filters in the carbs were so crudded up I was surprised it even ran. A lot of threads here on those things. The fuel system issues tend to cause lean running which will destroy your engine.

Enjoy the site, post pictures, we love pictures.

Rod

Thanks for the welcome and the information. I will check with my local dealer and see if the gas tank recall work has been done. On the 94 HTC the gray fuel lines have already been replaced with black automotive fuel line, but vent lines are gray. On the 96 XP they used some blue hoses, looks like motorcycle hose. I will soon replace with automotive grade.

The 94 is a HTC, had a typo, my fat fingers and touch screen don't always get along. I will post pictures when I can. My wife laid solid claim to the GTX, gotta get pics of her and her new toy.☺

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back