G'day guys- New guy from Aust.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilde

G'day all,

Just thought i would introduce myself, my name is Jason & i live on the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia. I have never owned a jet ski before, but i just bought myself a brand new 2008 RXP-X 255. Any hints or any info you guys have and you think would help me please let me know. Cheers.

Welcome to the seadoo forum Jason. That's a real quick seadoo you just bought. The most important thing to do now is to get it broken in properly. Once you hit the 10 hour mark on the RXP get it serviced and than let her rip! Other members here have also asked about inquires about your model, and I'm sure they will chime in when they read your post. You should post pictures when you can so we all can enjoy it's beauty. This is a friendly place with lots of active members eager to chat and give advice. Good luck with your new ride and come back often.

Karl

Greetings!....

Welcome to the forum. Its riding time of the year there and with a brand new, hot rod like that, you should be having some fun. Well, after break-in period is finished anyway.
What advice could I give you about your ski? This is your first you say? I'd say..........use the learning key!..........:rofl:
Go out and have a ball! We have a few others in the forum who also have the RXP and T models.......so ya'll will have to swap stories and pass on any thing that might help others here out!
Again, welcome to the forum.............:cheers:

Thanks Guys,

Well i havent actually had the pleasure to ride it yet. I work offshore on the rigs and i have the ski bought and paid for, it is waiting for me to pick up in the showroom. i have 2 weeks to go on this floating jail then it is straight to the shop, pick up my new baby and straight to the boat ramp!!! Some how i dont think i will be using the learner key!! But you have to seriously run these things in do you? 10 hrs that seeems like a long time! i will find it hard to resist for ten hours.

Your allowed up to 3/4 throttle and not long time at any given rpm. Kinda vary it at different speeds is best. I'm sure the dealer will fill you in on proper break-in. and tell you everything you will need to know.If not come back with questions and we'll be more than happy to help you out.
Karl

Speed....

Karl, you forgot to mention what kind of speed he's already gonna get at that 3/4 throttle.
Your gonna have just as much fun breaking it in. For the first time riding, it'll feel like breakin speed is full speed!....well, maybe not full speed, but that 4-TEC isn't a snail by anymeans.........:cheers:

i guess you guys are right, they reckon this thing is pretty fast and will try and buck you off any chance it gets!! Especially as it is my firsrt ski 3/4 throttle will still be very quick. i will just have to behave myself, i do not want to break it, i want it to last. They cost a small fortune over here in Australia!!

Wave Jumping

Can anyone answer me this please? When you are wave jumping, is your ski more prone to breaking or are they built for it??

are we talking 5 feet of air or 20 feet of air ?? just being funny. it is very early in the morning here so it will probly be a while before you get a good answer.

Breaking?....

Breaking?.......:rofl:...........now would Sea Doo build you a ski that would break..... These things are really tough. You can put it through some paces and you'll not do much more than wear yourself out...

Seadoo's are pretty tough. They will take all the punishment you can dish out. Usually the worst thing is hitting the bottom...they work fine on the water but most problems come from abuse and running into things.
Karl

i can help answer your question :D

first, i sued the learning key for all of maybe 1 hour. after that i put it away. You still dont want to go crazy or WOT until aftert the break-in period, but you can still have more fun with the normal key, then the learning key!

As for breaking the ski wave jumping - i seriously doubt it! I took my ski out last summer during some high winds. i was the ONLY boater out on the water. wave were easily hitting 2-4 feet. The inland lake i was on is about 7 miles long, but is only about 20-30 feet deep on average. That day was the absolute most fun i had on my sea-doo. I would get going about 25-35 mph, and when i hit a wave, i would turn the ski going airborne. If i timed it right, i would come down just below the crest of the next wave. this in turn would cause a tidal wave of water to spray all over me. it was a blast! Almost threw myself off the ski a couple times, but i stayed on.

the following day, the winds had died down quite a bit, but i was back out there making my own waves, and then jumping those. I didnt realize until i was done and ready to head in, that i had an audiance. it seems a couple boats stopped to watch. I am not sure if they watched to learn what NOT to do on a ski, or to see what i could do lol

So will the ski break by jumping waves - HAHA i dont think so. The only thing i can think of, and i only know this by reading the threads on this forum, is that alot of folks think that the engine will over rev when you leave the water, and could cause damage. There is technology in place on the ski to prevent that (clutch)- but that can lead into other issues as well (ceramic washers) :D Other more smarter folks can talk about that.

Just have fun, keep safe, and your jet-ski will last you.

Wave jumping on the surf can be dangerious...If you jump in surf conditions on the front side of the wave is very little water. I have seen instances of less than 2 feet of water on the front of the wave. I have experience jumping to the front of the waves and have destroyed like 6 Kawasaki Hulls from hitting bottom! Fiberglass is expensive and repairs are costly. If your in deep water like you said 20 -30 feet, than it is not a problem. I'm talking about beach surf.
Also seadoo's have a rev-limiter to keep the engines from over reving and doing harm. Just to use common sense and go have some good clean fun.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back