Crankcase Sealant - 3 Bond Silicone Liquid Gasket 1211

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SurfBeat

I try to make my posts relevant to anyone who is a 587cc engine and is a "Doo" it yourself kind a guy or gal, so here comes another question.

To begin with, for all you mechanics, I am a teacher and combat vet, so I know how to read instructions and use common sense. That said, often utilizing both doesn't work when manufactures of products and instruction manuals were written by someone that doesn't know $#!^.

Question: I bought a tube of Three Bond 1211 Silicone Liquid Gasket to apply to the crankcases before connecting them together. Unfortunately, the directions does not provide guidance pertaining to whether I can immediately secure both cases after application, or whether I must wait xxx amount of time to let the gel set before connecting both cases.

Although I found info via a Yahoo query that suggests to only apply the gel to one case, nonetheless, out of an abundance of caution I applied the gel to both cases to ensure a good seal.

I also connected both cases immediately after application.

Am I ok?

I want to get this engine in the hull by nightfall so I can get my @$$ to the River.

On the older gray vinyl product, I would let it skin for just a minute or two, but since they now changed to an Si base... I would assemble it wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back