Candoo dess cord programing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

AKnarrowback

Hey there guys. Hope everyone is doing good.

I'm hoping someone can give me a pointer on using the candoopro to program dess caps on a 97 gtx and 98 xp ltd.

Back ground here is The two machines run perfect, I only have one dess cord programed for each machine and want to set up all my machines to run on all the cords I have.

I've never used candoo before yesterday. The company I work for has it and uses it for sleds and side by sides we have on the job. I borrowed the computer and parts yesterday.

Last night I took my two new cords, and four old ones, and programed my 05 renegade 800 to accept all six cords. I had zero problems getting that done, all went smooth.

Today I went to work on the sea-doos and had no luck getting the program to find the machine. It kept giving me the "machine disconnected or not powered on" error message and would not connect to either machine.

Since I hate computers, they hate me, I'm hoping someone could offer some insight into getting candoo to link up to the older DOOs.

Questions I have.

Does the licensing specify snow, dirt and water vehicles individually and I'm not allowed to link to a sea-doo?

Do I need to be plugged into the six pin connector, on the mpem side, off the stator cover or is the dess post adaptor all that is needed to communicate with the older machine.

Does the machine need to be powered by the battery as well as having the alligator clips of the candoo clamped onto a 12v source as well.

I'd appreciate any insight anyone can throw out.

Thanks.

AK

He bro!!! WAssup!!! Man I have those same candoo issues. I get pissed and call it a CAN Don't and Can WON'T LOL On the GTX you plug into the DESS post. There is a certain point when you place the adapter ON the DESS post. Can't do it too early. Sometimes it is a bad cable. I fight those same battles. I'm not sure on the 98 XP. The DI's have a plug up front specially for diagnostics. Just like we have to remove and replace the DESS key sometimes to get the two beeps, same thing with the Candoo adapter.

You may have a license issue if the company doesn't have an unlimited license for Seadoos.

I have to program a key for a 1996 Speedster tomorrow and I'm on a new to me computer. This should be an adventure. :) I email Dennis when I have issues and we talk over the phone. Sometimes I let him operate my computer remotely. Good People. Good Luck !!

I'm just reading about alligator clips. I plug my Candoo into my computer and no other power source for the Candoo. Yes you need a hot battery connected to the ski. Don't plug into the 6 pin. DESS POST only on the GTX. Try inserting the Candoo in the DESS just as you click connect to vehicle or just before.

Hey Dude!

I've been out of things for a while. Got divorced, readjusting life from that, broke my leg and had to sit out last spring for mountain riding. Got the DOOs back on the water for half the summer, the last time I rode was mid August when I took a cute Texas Lady out on a first date and the machines sat on the trailer for the rest of the season. Never in my life did I think I'd be doing a long distance relationship from Alaska with a Texan! Good news is she's coming back up fir the summer so I'm getting the machines water ready again.

It turns out the candoo system I borrowed from work isn't licensed for PWCs according to the mechanics, so I'm looking into a thread here about rewiring the dess post to hold the cap all the time and wiring in a "dumb" tether. As it is I have one cap programed for each of my dess machines and the nearest sea-doo programmer is in Wasilla, 300 miles away.

Still riding sleds in the mountains and waiting for the river to thaw in town.

Some pics of Sunday. We climbed into some amazing territory. My primary clutch blew apart, luckily I was back in the valley and not 1000' feet up a mountain.

Attachments

• 20240414_155127.jpg
    20240414_155127.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240414_152842.jpg
    20240414_152842.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240414_163313.jpg
    20240414_163313.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240414_172156.jpg
    20240414_172156.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20240414_141447.jpg
    IMG_20240414_141447.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240414_152858.jpg
    20240414_152858.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Man it is beautiful up there!! I might have to plan a trip up north. I keep this picture of you to repost when people tell me it is too cold to ride.

Frozen Rider Jet Ski-Aknarrowback.jpg

You can buy the Candoo Home with 6 licenses and you can buy extra licenses but there is a limit. I did that but then I ended up adding the "Unlimited." You should talk to Dennis at Candoo and he may help you out. You already have the cables and the unit so all you need is the licenses. If anybody programs your stuff they will probably charge $50 each. Good thing is once you license each ski you can do troubleshoot, add another key any time you want. You own it. That is why personal is an option.

I did what you are doing to my personal skis, They all recognize the DESS cap and I keep a couple of spares. Pretty handy. I'm finishing up on this thing right now. I thought the MPEM was bad and it turns out is isn't. Fired up both engines the other day so it will go on the water this weekend for "sea trials." :D

Dude we'll never learn to stay away from them women. :D :D :D Good Luck with everything !! Don't be a stranger !!

Back