Be careful guys and girls! Respect the PWC or get injured.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

megalodon4g63

New to the forum. Needed to remind everyone to be careful of the other guy. You can be responsible, but they arent. I'm sure everyone on here is responsible and safe, just stay alert, read the water, and don't ever follow too close.

Went out today in the surf and I stalled out riding a wave. Went for a re-start (carbs- 2002 Seadoo Mellenium GTX) and someone was too close behind me and T-boned my ski. I heard them come off the throttle, but the wave carried him into me smashing my left leg into the side with his front end. The front end then came up my leg and into the side view mirror cracking it off. Luckily I didnt break my left tibia, but I have a few small lascerations and a big bruise forming up my whole lower leg with a sprained ankle. Now I take a sick day from work tomorrow. Please be careful riding up surf from someone. Its a big ocean so keep your distance. Saddest part is, the guy is my friend and not as experienced. Took on more than he could handle because he wanted to copy me. Yes, we both took safety courses but for some of us, the excitement takes over and we forget to read the water, look for sand bars, and follow too closely behind someone while up surf. Remember, its like a steep hill with no brakes and youre already going 40mph or so down hill. Please be careful! This couldve been a lot worse and this is the 2nd time in 2 years. The first time a guy "not my friend" was following too close and when i turned around with my ski to ride a wave, he was directly beneath me and i almost hit him the same way my friend hit me today. That was scary because i had my girlfriend on the back with me. A quick burst of the throttle on my part and a hard right bank avoided a head on collision by a ski length. Also, doesnt help to stare at the boat coming at you and freeze with your mouth agape wondering what the hell went wrong instead of taking evasive action. I guess he didnt think i was going to turn around. Stagger the person in front of you at all times and dont ride directly behind or too close. Person in front has right of way typically. I always stagger to the right by 100ft or more and far back. You never know if the guy in front will wipe out either and with one breath, youre on him. Sorry everyone for the spelling but doing this from my phons since i dont want to go down the steps to my computer. Btw, my friend is sorry and feels bad. It is a learning experience for him and a tough lesson. Also, get insurance too! Ya never know what can happen out there. Both my skis are insured. Shame, I just detailed his and lost my mirror on mine. Respect each other, the water, and the PWC. All of is are on performance machines with a lot of horsepower. Use it wisely. Accidents will happen unfortunately, but this could have been avoided. Thanks for hearing me out everyone. Btw, name is Brian and from southern NJ. Been boating since i was 12 and max I ever handled was a 26ft cabin cruiser. Got a jet ski 2 years ago and fell in love with it. Got a 2nd a year later and now I have a 3rd (project LRV). Rebuilt my 1st yesterday and going to tackle a carb rebuild this week. Love cars too! Got a Galant vr4 turbo that runs mid 12s. It is on the back burner for now. Hmmmm, a turbocharged ski sounds interesting. Dont think a 2 stroke can handle it since the little thing is already pushing 130hp and fires every rotation. Neat concept though. Anyway, be safe everyone and wear your vests. Watch for others and i will see you on the ocean sometime.

Welcome aboard! I am new here to. I have an awd laser. Those dsms and seadoo have something in common. Daily service and maintenance.

Aint that the truth. My friend has awd Laser in my driveway for a head gasket. Now if i could just fit my 4g63 into my Seadoo, I'm set! Anyway, unless you have a new PWC, i notice a lot of people always tinkering and wrenching at the dock. Some more than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back