RESTO Anti-Rattle cone with sloppy threads on fill hole?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickH

I recently purchased an anti-rattle cone from OSD and found the fill hole threads loose to the Allen screw plug. It was provided with a brass plug, but I also inserted my S.S. one from my old unit. Here’s the thing, I thought the threads on the cone should have a plumbers thread on them. My old cone will definitely tighten down with either plug. I can’t reach OSD, they are on vacation right now, a little frustrating!. If I use Loctite or the thread sealant on the plug will this work or do I need to return it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

If the threads are reasonably snug (no wobbly loose) you can use loctite 518. Clean the threads out very well before you install.
You could wrapy the threads with teflon tape in addition to the 518. The big thing is that the IT SEAL to keep the water out.

If you are gonna ONCE and DONE it you can use epoxy but it's junk after. Ha ha. Good Luck !!

Thanks etemplet
I have both the Loctite 518 and 592 thread sealant. I also like the Teflon tape idea. Just don’t want it backing out if it doesn’t tighten down.

518 the threads but make sure no oil is on the threads.if you worried of backing out fill the cavity on top of fill plug with some right stuff.it will help seal it and prevent it from backing out.plus easier to remove

Thanks, I was more worried about it backing out than sealing it. I have some Hondabond gasket maker that’s really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back