787 exhaust manifold water leak

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

BruceXP116

Took my ski to the lake today after fresh rebuild, purring and ran really good, but only rode it for a few minutes because there was a big water leak coming from the exhaust manifold. I don’t know why. It came from the bottom and water was just running out of there, could there be a way where I just 518 or put rtv on it? There is almost like a chip on the right one. Would that do anything? Also what’s the best new gasket to get for it. I’m going to try thereIMG_8519.jpeg

The picture isnt very clear so i cant tell how big the chip your talking about is. Maybe you could put some extra gasket maker on there. Permatex Ultra Copper use this stuff if you do. Best way to fix it would be to buy a new manifold.

Are you positive this was leaking and not one of the welded areas on the exhaust pipe? Those are very prone to leaking.

If you are going to use sealant to help in this area I would use the type of gasket you have on there presently. The sealant will have more trouble sticking to a graphite gasket. Good Luck !!

Back