2016 spark Crank but no compression

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Mekanix

Premium Member
Premium Member
2016 spark, turns over but seems like no compression, the starts kicking on one cylinder and then the starter kicks out. Next crank has compression on one cylinder and then looses it.

Just starting to look into it.

Could the hydraulic valve buckets be pumped up too much and not relaxing causing the valve not to seat ?

This is the 3rd one I've seen behave like this with no previous history of damage. Just sitting over the winter season and no compression the next year.

I managed to get this one started and I think what it was is the oil had water in it which was too thick and that means the hydraulic lash adjusters under the buckets were not getting pumped up because the oil wasn't reaching there or wasn't thin enough to reach there which meant very little valve movement.

I managed to get this one started and I think what it was is the oil had water in it which was too thick and that means the hydraulic lash adjusters under the buckets were not getting pumped up because the oil wasn't reaching there or wasn't thin enough to reach there which meant very little valve movement.
Yeah man makes sence. I haven’t done anything with the new 4 strokes skis I like my old cheap 2 stroke but would like to see how them sparks run on the water

Yeah man makes sence. I haven’t done anything with the new 4 strokes skis I like my old cheap 2 stroke but would like to see how them sparks run on the water
It's very similar to a 96 XP in terms of power and playfulness.

Back