2014 GTI 130 no acceleration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Currently have a 2014 GTI 130. I’m looking to sell it and having some issues that I believe to be the fuel system. It was winterized the end of the 2020 season and I didn’t get out last season as my wife and I had our first child. I pulled it out this season and changed oil and plugs as well as got as much of the old fuel (had a stabilizer in it) out and topped off with seafoam as well as fresh gas. Started right up no issues at all. I am getting no acceleration. It idles fine maybe a little rough but I am unable to get over 33 mph. First trip out I was barely able to plane off but was getting to 30 after about a half hour. Since first trip out I have treated the gas as stated above as well as checked the plugs and cleaned the injectors. I am having no luck getting it over 33 mph and revving about 5k. The intake is clear as well as impeller. Any help here would be truly appreciated. I am mechanically inclined but do not have much troubleshooting knowledge with smaller motors. Thank you in advance!
- Chris

Honestly,,,the bottom fuel filter has yet to be the culprit for poor fuel pressure
So I bought and installed a new fuel pump assembly. Motor is a bit more responsive and accelerates better than it did but still not close to 100%. I am able to get up to 32-34 mph at 5200 ish rpm. I am able to redline the motor when flushing in the driveway. I am at a complete loss

Humble sincereist apologies,,,I was thinking of a DI engine.,,all i know is that the after market pumps rarely work on the DI's,,don't know about the 4tecs?

It seems to work better than the last pump did. I’m just at a loss here. I have changed the plugs and oil/filter. Changed fuel pump. Any suggestions where to go from here? I am going to attempt to hook the injectors up to a 9v battery and clean them and most likely change fuel line.

Could be the rear oil pressure switch,,they put the skis into limp mode.
And would it possibly be in limp mode if there are no check engine codes present? I only have the maintenance required as I do my own maintenance and don’t have the computer to clear it, but no engine light or codes.

I am Not a pro on 4tecs...however,,I did have come in on limp mode,,,i changed the switch and voila...solved,,,its an easy move for you,,,and they are not expensive,,,in my second occurence last summer,,,i pre-emptively had the customer change out both of them,,knowing they were eventually going to fail,,,,he had twin 4tecs,,,and on one of them...when i pulled the connector,,,there was oil in it,,,so...it was already on its way out,,,just something you can easily remove from your brain destroying diagnostics.

Just to try to eliminate I changed my plugs today and going to clean my injectors. When I pulled the plugs one was much cleaner than the rest. These plugs were changed start of season. Could one cylinder not be properly firing?

Attachments

• 7827541C-D61F-40E0-83D0-350C17622B9D.jpeg
    7827541C-D61F-40E0-83D0-350C17622B9D.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 3
"I am able to redline the motor when flushing in the driveway"

Have you done a Compression Test and verify all 3cylinders are within 10% of each other? Being down a cylinder would show up when under load in the Water

Start with the basics as there are some very simple and quick tests.

It sounds like it is running on only 2 cylinders. Pull the coil plug on each cylinder and see if the rpms change. Bad coils are pretty common. You can also pull the fuel rail and check the spray pattern of the injectors. Bad fuel injectors are pretty common as well but many times the spray pattern at idle looks good but can't deliver enough fuel at higher rpms so after cleaning you think they are good but they are not. Compression tests and leak down tests are good tests to check overall engine health.

So I just pulled my fuel injectors and hooked up to a 9v battery to open and spray some cleaner. One injector is clogged. I hear the click that it opens but nothing comes out of the nozzles underneath. I am going to let it sit a little while and try to clean it again. Is this cleanable or do I need to replace the injector? It is the same cylinder that the plug was cleaner than the others so it was running on 2 cylinders

"I am able to redline the motor when flushing in the driveway"

Have you done a Compression Test and verify all 3cylinders are within 10% of each other? Being down a cylinder would show up when under load in the Water
See my reply I didn’t not reply directly to you but seems it is running on 2 I have a clogged injector

Thank you everyone for the help it was indeed a clogged injector. Tried cleaning it multiple times so I replaced it and the thing jumped out of the water when I got on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back