2011 155 Post/Dess key intermittently nonresponsive

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

camiezone

Hey, so i push the start button and display turns on, i then insert dess key, display says: reading key, it beeps once and then nothing. I push the start button again and no juice. If i wiggle/ remove key, reinsert key push button for several minutes and numerous cuss words etc. suddenly it will double beep and fire up perfectly. Theres no magic combination or rime or reason its very intermittent, extremely frustrating.

could it be bad post? i have 2 dess keys, same behavior w both.
is there a way to bypass the dess all together?

Yes, it could definitely be a bad post. Does it help if you put key on hard and fast after the ECU is woke up? The single beep is telling you the key is not connected properly or that's what it thinks.

Yes, using programming, the DESS can be disabled with the correct software but this still may not solve your problem.

im not sure what you mean by hard n fast, but i try every which way i can, hardly insert or pushing hard on it, same ole. i wiggle for what feels like minutes, and suddenly it responds w 2 beeps. i did just realize that my negative on the battery was loose. im hoping that will be the reason.
thank you for responding, btw :)

Loose battery cables can cause that but they can also ruin your ECU. Very important to make sure they are clean and tight.

Back