2008 Islandia With the Rotax 215 HP battery warning light on

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

whodat18

Hey guys, back again. We totaled our Islandia with the 240 Merc so now looking at going with a 2008 Islandia with the 215 hp engines.

First are the engines reliable?Any common problems with the super chargers?
The real question/help I need is this particular boat the owner said the battery warning light has come on. He has it at the shop now and said He thinks it is either the voltage meter or the stator... The mechanics have not yet diagnosed it. He Said the voltage meter is about $300 to fix and the stator is over $1000.
Is this the normal common problem or could it be an Easier fix? Also how hard is it to change them out? I’m mechanically inclined as I work on aircraft for a living but have no knowledge of these engines...

He has offered it “as is” with a good discount and I am very tempted to buy... However I don’t want to buy a “can of worms” so to speak and have a bunch of problems...

Please let me know your recommendations. All are welcome.

Thanks so much guys!!

What is the service history and hours on the engines . Did the superchargers get rebuilt at 200 hours. Has boat seen salt water or only been in fresh water. I don't know about the voltage issues you mention but a big factor has to be the regular maintenance that is required to get good life out of the engines.

My boat 07 Challenger 180 215 was sitting for years and had some flooding issues in the past. Long story short, I had a mechanic install an SBT motor, rebuilt the SC, new starter, new battery and starter solenoid. He told me the engine won’t start unless it is jumped. After spending a ton of time on the boat removing the engine multiple times, he said he can’t continue to work on it. PS: he doesn’t have a Candoo

I’m gonna have a seadoo mechanic diagnose it. It’s gotta be electrical.

$1k for the stator? I assume the cost is mostly labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back