1996 spi, 587 running hot?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike R

Good morning! Looking for some help/info on my white 587 operating temp. (1996 Spi)
After replacing oil tank grommets, all oil lines, bleeding pump, and running tank of premix for safety, did a test run, while checking for any oil leaks, I noticed engine was hot to touch, while running on trailer I noticed air bubbles in two pissers off of head and exhaust, the head line was a little looses and end was stretched, I cut both back, and installed, I also replaced the 1/2” line with the hose t with a straight clear hose, I blew all other lines out with air, they are all flowing,and get a strong flow out of both pissers out back, although water is hot, and as I said, so is motor, the ski is running great, my question is what’s normal operating temp for these, and could I still have a restriction in cooling sleeve even though I’m getting good flow out of pissers. The exhaust pipe itself is not hot, and the new 1/2” clear line does not seem to be full with water, at least at idle, on trailer. if that helps diagnosing.
I don’t want to keep running and do any damage if it is running hot, Appreciate all feedback.. thanks, Mike

What is easily missed,,,is the drain line being plugged,,,
Update, ran it Sunday, had my digital thermometer, averaged 145 to 150 degrees on jugs, strong stream of hot water exiting the two pissers in the back, shooting out 2 foot on WOT, Ran great, no issues, I’d like to know normal operating temp range, just to be sure, but I’m guessing that’s a good temp.
I cannot find info on normal temp for these older sea doos anywhere.

Last edited:
On the diagram I have for my 98 GTX LTD it shows the temp sensor going off around 187 - 201 F.

Thank you, appreciate the input, this is exactly what I was looking for, my gas gauge does not work, (getting fixed after season) so I’m assuming neither does sensor, I’m sure that will the high temp across all of their 2 strokes, so I’m going to assume this ski is running proper temp, and let it rip.
Thanks again, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back