1996 Seadoo XP Top End Break In

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

BruceXP116

I just got a 1996 Seadoo xp top end rebuild kit with new cylinders and wsm pistons. What’s the ideal break in process and fuel mixture. I am running premix as the oil injection is deleted. Also, how are the WSM top ends? Mine is 0.5 over, carb was running good when it was stock at 82mm, should I adjust the carbs before I start and how would I adjust them?

I just got a 1996 Seadoo xp top end rebuild kit with new cylinders and wsm pistons. What’s the ideal break in process and fuel mixture. I am running premix as the oil injection is deleted. Also, how are the WSM top ends? Mine is 0.5 over, carb was running good when it was stock at 82mm, should I adjust the carbs before I start and how would I adjust them?
No need to adjust the carbs, stock settings will be good, not sure about the WSM pistons, pretty sure I’ve read that they are ok. You get a cylinder exchange from SBT? Don’t forget to machine the rave guillotines. I believe you would need to take off .010 to get back to .020 clearance

No need to adjust the carbs, stock settings will be good, not sure about the WSM pistons, pretty sure I’ve read that they are ok. You get a cylinder exchange from SBT? Don’t forget to machine the rave guillotines. I believe you would need to take off .010 to get back to .020 clearance
how would I get those raves down and how would I know how much. It’s not a cylinder exchange from SBT, I had no core.

how would I get those raves down and how would I know how much. It’s not a cylinder exchange from SBT, I had no core.
Where did you get the new cylinders? The manual states that clearance is .020” stock. Your going to the second over piston? Correct? From what the manual says I would think you need to take .010 off to get to the .020 again. I would think the machine shop that’s boring the cylinders could do them and would be easiest. If you want to machine the guillotines yourself I’ve seen a video where they wrap sandpaper on the old piston Probably an adhesive. I would weld a stem that would fit in your drill press and use that to take down the guillotines. Just take a few measurements with a micrometer first and as you work. Shouldn’t need to be exact as you can have a minimum clearance of .015 and if your larger than .020 it will still be fine

Back