1994 650 engine swap to 1995 gtx 650x

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauide

Can you run a non x 650 motor with all bolt on parts from 650x in 1995 gtx ,donor motor is 1994 650

All bolt on parts from 650x include intake plate and stator and fly wheel

Yes but the ports on the 657 case are not oval to match the 657x intake. It will probably run, but won't make 657x power, and I think the redline for the 657 and 657x might be different, so you might zing it apart running on the 657x mpem, so do a bit more research first.

Yes but the ports on the 657 case are not oval to match the 657x intake. It will probably run, but won't make 657x power, and I think the redline for the 657 and 657x might be different, so you might zing it apart running on the 657x mpem, so do a bit more research first.

Ok so the cases are differant for crank

Actually, the crank is the same., the later years came with locating pins that sat in little divots in the case. The early year didn't have the pins.
You can see there's a difference between the x and non 657.
Best thing to tell you is label what was a 657x and what was 657.
I have heard gains can be had with the 657x exhaust system on the 657, but it's not worth the expenses until less you have the parts.
Jetting is different, timing is different, jugs are different. ...ect.

Actually, the crank is the same., the later years came with locating pins that sat in little divots in the case. The early year didn't have the pins.
You can see there's a difference between the x and non 657.
Best thing to tell you is label what was a 657x and what was 657.
I have heard gains can be had with the 657x exhaust system on the 657, but it's not worth the expenses until less you have the parts.
Jetting is different, timing is different, jugs are different. ...ect.

I will just use all the right parts, good stuff to know thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back