Your thoughts about 04 GTX Supercharged

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew_lbreman

I just bought myself 2 04 GTX Supercharged, 1 - 114 hrs, 1 - 130 hrs. Brand new aluminum trailer. Paid 7000 for everything. They both seem to run great. I have a 96 XP that was great for many years but is now in need of scrapping, so I know what the old upkeep was but I am trying to figure out what my new upkeep will be. Also what do I need to look out for and what do I need to do for maintaining them in the future. What are my potential problems as well. Thanks to all that help out and I hope to hear from you soon.

Andy:thumbsup:

Anything with a super-charger has thrust washers. The older models use thrust washer that are ceramic in nature. They now use metal washers to replace the ceramic washers as the ceramic falls off the washers, goes into the oil and destroys both the engine as well as the super charger.

So, you want to find out from the previous owner if the OEM ceramic washers have been replaced. If not, super chargers should be re-built every 100 hours, which is where you are at in both cases of your ski's. So get them re-built and you will be good to go...

Good luck.

Sounds good. Are they difficult to rebuild? I am a mechanic and have done everything with my xp including entire rebuild. I have not however, done anything with a supercharger ever. Where can I find the best parts required at the best price. Also do you think that I would be ok to ride them one more time before I do it. The previous owner doesn't know if they have been rebuilt, (she got them in the divorce).

Sounds good. Are they difficult to rebuild? I am a mechanic and have done everything with my xp including entire rebuild. I have not however, done anything with a supercharger ever. Where can I find the best parts required at the best price. Also do you think that I would be ok to ride them one more time before I do it. The previous owner doesn't know if they have been rebuilt, (she got them in the divorce).

here's your sc rebuild kit...
http://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_63&products_id=763

There are tools you'll need...shaft wrench and torque wrench capable of reading in inch pounds, to name just a couple.

If I were you...I'd send them to Jerry Gaddis...first rate work and outstanding turnaround.

what's your top speed and rpms? this will tell you quickly if the sc's are slipping.

sc rebuild is not difficult and you should have no problem doing it yourself but you will need to buy a few tools but they don't cost much.

bought a set of tools on ebay think it was 60 bucks shipped
when you find them email the guy and go around ebay
he did it for me and we both saved
quality tools and the guys a gem to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back