Y-Wire testing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rgardner928

How can I test my "Y" wire to see it its ok?

Attached is a new one I was going to buy. But how do you test if I even need a new one?

Attachments

• 20190304_232255.jpg
    20190304_232255.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
? What?

If it is a fusible link just see if it has continuity through it. On a side note that must be a boat thing as I have never seen that on any ski.

? What?

If it is a fusible link just see if it has continuity through it. On a side note that must be a boat thing as I have never seen that on any ski.

Lol...I posted it in the boat topic.. but its not a boat thing but it's a seadoo thing and is needed in order for the RPM gauge to work on any craft. I believe they went to a fuse verson later in years. But if you look at the attached picture..there is no fuse, fuse holder, or anything that is serviceable. Which is why I asked..."How do you test them"

As for your ski..you should have this also. Its locked inside your MPEM box.

I can only guess it is a fusible link. When the power flowing it goes too high it literally burns the wire apart, just like blowing a fuse. If you can put a meter on it and there is continuity through it then it is good.

I can only guess it is a fusible link. When the power flowing it goes too high it literally burns the wire apart, just like blowing a fuse. If you can put a meter on it and there is continuity through it then it is good.

So if the Y wire is bad...the rpm gauge wouldn't work at all, correct? Because my issue is the fact the gauge is sticking and sometimes not moving at all, where other times it does move.

No, that to me would be just a bad gauge. If the "Y" harness was out it is either good or bad not intermittent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back