Xp limited ecu/instrument cluster problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

luxonja

Hi all, I’m having trouble with my 2000 Xp limited. The instrument cluster isn’t working at all. I changed the ecu with another one and hey presto they came back, once the engine started they went down again.

I’m having trouble getting help to repair and no one wants to go involved and are staying well clear

Does anyone have any ideas? Or have been through this before ?. The ski works without the dials but I like to have them working.

Thanks all

Not real familiar with the 951 electronics but did you change just the brain or the complete ECU and everything in and along with the box? The 787 have a fuse or 2 inside the box if I remember right. Don't put a higher rated fuse if that's the problem. I've "fixed" a lot of electrical problems just by disconnecting then reconnect all the connections, a hot humid environment is the recipe for electrical rust, AKA corrosion. I've seen wires that have all the strands broke from vibration (repetitive flexing from every wave you hit) but insulation still crimped to the connector. Keep at it, you'll figure it out if you don't give up. Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back