XP graphics

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brprxt215

Hi everyone. Been a long winter and have not been on much. I went through a full motor rebuild on my 96 xp and am trying to get it look as good as it’s about to run. I bought a graphics kit from pwcgraphics.com. I have already buffed the ski nicely and want to work on getting graphics on this weekend. Does anyone have any tips. I heard something about J&J baby shampoo and water? What would the ratio be? I am going to wipe the ski down with glass cleaner followed by rubbing alcohol just to have a dirt free surface. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Just put 2-3 drops of dish soap in a spray bottle with water and you're good to go. I used Ajax, it's what's under the sink. Just wet the ski LIBERALLY and as you peel the graphics spray them liberally on the adhesive side. Apply and squeegee from the center out. TAKE YOUR TIME use PLENTY of spray, re-position if necessary.

Obviously before you even get to this point pre-layout the decals and make marks in pencil on teh ski as to where you want them to fall.

here is a screenshot of Mike's (guy who owns pwcgraphics) reply to this same question in the facebook group.
1e27a48627f42c91e0259c5ae27b13cd.jpg

DO NOT DO IT DRY.
DO NOT DO IT DRY.
DO NOT DO IT DRY.
DO NOT DO IT DRY.
DO NOT DO IT DRY.

Did I mention DO NOT DO IT DRY?

I installed my new graphics set today. I installed the small warning stickers dry, but everything else wet. On my GSX, they were all pretty easy except for the front pieces which are pretty large and cover several different curves on the ski. It probably took me 8-10 attempts per side on those. An x4 doesnt have too large of sections so should be pretty simple.

I will say they look damn good though!
feac91bdcea1edf2c22c6485889e9edb.jpg

f11e788046a0c656e9a9dd305012a17e.jpg

Shouda treated that sweatheart to a real seat cover.

Great tips on the graphics guys. I've got a couple to do in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back