XM Radio in 08 Challenger 180

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mueller

I know this is a simple question for you all in this forum. What do I need to install XM in my XM Ready radio in a new Challenger 180? I do not want to use the Aux as that is how I connect an ipod, but didn't know if I only need an antenna or if the XM Direct box is necessary. I also wanted to know about the power connection if is is really ready for XM.

My dealer didn't have an answer, go figure.....

Thanks for any assistance!

I would check the manual from the stero company as to what is needed. Every seadoo comes with a manual for the end user from the MFG.
I want to upgrade to a reciever with a remote and sat. also.

Karl

I have XM in my car and it works like this.

I have an antenna that plugs in to this box, the xm receiver. This XM receiver has 2 RCA outputs, or some of them have FM modulator as well. The XM receiver also has a cable that goes out to my XM unit so it displays the channel information.

I have a T.V. and XM Radio in my car. I had 1 Auxilary input on my deck (now two, but who cares). So what I did to get around this was I bought a Pioneer A/V switcher because I supposedly couldn't just run 2 sets of RCA's in to a splitter and just use whatever device is turned on.
So I had to buy this A/V switcher for like $170, or you might on some decks be able to run 2 RCA's in to a single RCA input with some radioshack accessories.

Anyways worst case scenario you buy the switch....best case scenario you make a trip to radioshack for a connector.

If the radio is XM ready, then it likely just has a multiconnnector on the back to connect to an XM receiver box (likely the direct box you were talking about), then you'd be able to control it from the deck. Check the manual for the deck, or head over to the website of the MFG. The XM receiver box likely has to be made by the same company as the deck, or you won't be able to control it.

So you'd need to buy the receiver, antenna, and it would need its own subscription, afaik you can't share a subscription between different receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back